Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World
Quote | Reply
Tiny minority of extremists world map

From time to time people have asked me for a world map of all the countries in which jihadist activity or a jihadist presence has been reliably reported. This morning I had the bright idea to go to the World66 Travel Guide site, which invites you to fill in countries you've visited, and to use it instead to fill in (in red) all the countries where jihadists are operating today.

So here it is. I did it rather quickly, with a few searches of the Jihad Watch archives to verify that such activity had indeed been reported in various places. It's amazing that this supposedly discredited and marginalized twisting of Islam has spread around the world, isn't it?

Now: where did I miss? Here are the countries I included. If you are skeptical about any of them, search the Jihad Watch archives. You'll find stories from AP, Reuters, etc.: Canada, USA, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Algeria, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palestinian Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Australia.

We are gonna be fighting this war for a looooong time, people.
Quote Reply
Re: Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know what the emigration policies are for Greenland, perhaps? ;-) Iceland, maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very surprised that Tunisia is not there (the tiny white piece north east of africa)....I remember a couple of threats in France from tunisians...
Quote Reply
Re: Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That one got at me, too. I went back through the archives, and even the State Department's stuff, and they're not showing anything. I smell a rat, but I can't go and correct the original poster of this, though I did send off an email querying his methodology.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least Cerveloguy will be safe when he's down in Cuba partying with Castro and the boys. :-)
Last edited by: Trevor S: Nov 12, 04 15:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure this tells us too much. you might as well ask for a map showing every country where murders occur, or every country where rapes happen, or something like that. For instance, all of North America is labelled as extremist territory, but how many attacks have occured here in the last year? You get two idiot college kids spouting jihadist rhetoric in Australia maybe, and it turns red?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were those the same idiots who killed all those Aussie tourists in Bali?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't being specific to any actual group, just pointing out that coloring the whole world red to show that their are bad people everywhere isn't very informative.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this like the red state/blue state map? ;)

Ahhhhhhh!! Don't mention that red state/blue state thing EVER AGAIN!!!

SG has a point. But the attraction of Jihad, even in the Netherlands, has got to be a little disconcerting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but Mongolia looks pretty sweet.

Anybody know if Mongolia has a separate emigration policy from China's? Greenland? Iceland?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Jihadist Watch: Only A Tiny Minority Of Extemists In The World [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red = Republican

Blue = Democrat

Goes back to the old Tammany Hall days and before, where operatives for both parties would hand voters (depending upon which ones they paid off to vote for their respective candidates) a red or a blue card so that they could keep track of funds disbursed.

Ahhhhh....good old fashioned honest corruption!!
Quote Reply