Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World, give thanks to California
Quote | Reply
Give thanks to California and it's citizens for passing Proposition 71, the stem cell research initiative. 59 percent of voting Californians have commited all of us Californians to provide 295 million dollars per year for the next decade to fund this research (plus 3 billion extra in interest payments to borrow it).

No one knows for sure whether this research will be the panacea the proponents have stated it will be, but it's gonna cost Californians 6 billion dollars to find out.

So in the future, if you, a loved one or someone you know is helped or cured with embryonic stem cells, give thanks and know that California has done it's part. And send a check, because we're gonna need the money.

Sean
Last edited by: haystack: Nov 10, 04 22:09
Quote Reply
Re: World, give thanks to California [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: World, give thanks to California [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought you were going to be training/spending time with your returning wife?

WTF, still time to post these pictures?!?!?!

;)

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: World, give thanks to California [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're voting on that here in Illinois as well. I've already signed a letter voicing my support.

I hope it's not too late. We lost some good scientists when Bush limited the funding.

Why would Illini be voting on this? We Californians (even those of who didn't vote for it) are going to foot the bill. All the scientists are headed to California anyway (just ask Massachusetts) and there ain't no why you can stop anyone when California is giving away grant money.

Now, if Illinois wants to step up and assume all or part of our loan, by all means do so. I personally would be thankful to share the fiscal responsibility.

Sean
Quote Reply