Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Flags
Quote | Reply
Boy I am full of curiosity today! Another question to my good neighbours to the south. How do you feel when you hear of an American putting a Canadian flag on their backpack to trek across Europe? Do you believe this to be anti-American? Shouldn't you be proud to put the flag of your country on your backpack no matter what the situation?

And believe me, there are a tonne of them that do it.

M~
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [TnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its just people taking a step to eliminate themselves from being a potential target. But what I didn't understand until being there was that most people in Europe could tell by what I was wearing that I was from the United States.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eh. Who cares.

Frankly, right now, I'd say wearing anything that identifies one as an American overseas is like walking through the forest during hunting season wearing a deer suit.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's because they don't want some muslim f*ck blowing them up or cutting their heads off. I don't blame the American for doing it, I blame the muslim f*ck...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" How do you feel when you hear of an American putting a Canadian flag on their backpack "

As long as they don't act like total assholes and people think they're Canuks. We've got enough A-holes of our own.

My other thought is that it's kind of sad that some Americans feel that they are that unpopular abroad that they would do something like this. I think they're being a little over sensative. Just because I wouldn't vote for Dubya doesn't mean that I wouldn't welcome any American to visit my country.
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recall a lot of muslim kidnapping americans and beheading them...in Europe...
Actually the whole European muslim community in Europe has condemned the actions against americans, euros, japanese etc. in Iraq...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you cite an example or any type of article on this matter.

I've never heard of it until you posted something about it.
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...in Europe... "

But this stabbing of a Dutch film maker in Holland by a Muslim extremist is a little bit worrisome.
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Van Gogh was directly involved in the fight against terrorism, he wasn't picked at random.
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding? Because I don't have an article it can't be true? All my cousins went over to Europe and all them except for 2 stitched a Canadian flag on their backpack.

While I was travelling in Europe 13 years ago as a 20 year old, I met countless Americans with Canadian flags on their backpacks. I don't really have an issue with it since the Canadians and Americans are suppose to be friends and friends help each other out where possible. But believe me, it happens a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Van Gogh was directly involved in the fight against terrorism, he wasn't picked at random.
Legitimate Target? So as long as you keep your mouth shut you should be OK? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,

Not to be picky, but I doubt that the muslim f*cks that are killing critics in the Netherlands condemned the killings in Iraq. I also think that the 9/11 cell based in Hamburg would support the killings as well.

Anyway, there is a long history of muslim extremists singling out, attacking and killing Americans abroad, including in Europe.

JA
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how you make me say things Trevor...
is it because you became american or permanent resident, that anything a euro says is shit and all americans do is great?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is also a long history of Christians doing nasty stuff to everyone as well. Lumping a group of people together like that is extremely dangerous and fairly short sighted. I mean, I could lump all Americans together and say they are all stupid since 1/4 of them can't even find Canada on a map....but I don't :)

M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I love how you make me say things Trevor...
is it because you became american or permanent resident, that anything a euro says is shit and all americans do is great?

American citizen in four years. Actually dual! My sons have to play for the right hockey team. :-) Its too dangerous when the Americans destroy the athletes village after they loose. BTW I "bet" it was JR!!! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You over-read my post. I didn't say that all muslims are f*cks, I wouldn't say that because I have plenty of muslim friends who aren't f*cks, but if you are someone that thinks it's OK to kill someone because they criticized you or "insult your honor", then you are a f*ck, and if you are doing this because you think in some way you are protecting Islam, then you are a muslim f*ck.

Would you prefer the term extremist?

I clearly understand that there are Christian f*cks - sorry - "extremists" out there. Wanna find one? Try walking down the street in sourtwest Virgnia wearing an "I'm an Abortionist" patch on your backpack...
Quote Reply
Re: American Flags [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the right hockey team!

Good to know you and your sons have priorities set right (no sarcasm ) ;-)

of course it was JR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry John, I stand corrected and I agree with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it laughable.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the right hockey team!

Good to know you and your sons have priorities set right (no sarcasm ) ;-)

of course it was JR
This dam hockey strike is killing me. I was planning to retire in the 2017 draft year. :-) I guess I am going to have to teach them to pitch lefthanded. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s'all good.
Quote Reply