Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I got a bike!!!!!!!!!
Quote | Reply
One that was not manufactured in the 70's! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

It is a cyclocross bike, b/c we thought that would be the best all-round bike for me. I can use it in tris and the Ride to Conquer Cancer next year (with slicks) and I can use it for light trail riding and for teaching my dogs to run next to the bike on rail trails (I want them to get their ADs, a Schutzhund title that is basically just them running 20k in 2 hrs....it's a workout title :) - you HAVE to bike with them, even if you can run that fast as well).

So, yup. I got a 2007 Kona Jake the Snake. It's green (YAY!), has Shimano 105 shifters and rear derailleur, an Ultegra front derailleur, an Easton fork, and some other stuff my boyfriend pointed out that I can't remember (I'm still learning bikes, what can I say). We got it for a great price.

My first ride on it will be tonight and I am very excited!

http://www.facebook.com/...dfb&id=630190844
Quote Reply
Re: I got a bike!!!!!!!!! [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of all, now you can try cross racing, the most fun you can have on a bike! I LOVE my cross bike, if I could only have one bike that would be it (don't tell my Titus).

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: I got a bike!!!!!!!!! [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I will need to improve my bike handling skills first, but I am not ruling it out. I would, however, like to replace the saddle with something a bit more comfy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great to hear! i have a soft spot for kona...might have to take my old MTB out for a boot after i get back from a run..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thanks, I did my first ride on it and I love it, though I would like to swap out the saddle for something a bit softer.

I need to get used to it being taller though, it was weird stopping and starting for the first stop or two.

I forgot to turn on my Garmin so I don't know how fast I was going, but it was rush hour so way more traffic than I'm used to and slower b/c of that.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i hear ya on the saddle issues...i'm still lumpy from sunday's ride and tuesday's computrainer session :(

will be getting out on the mountain bike (which has a huge, cushy pivit saddle on it) this afternoon, as it doesn't hurt!

cheers!

-mistress k