Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you lose weight with Acai Berry? (NO--With a very good response on how to really do it)
Quote | Reply
Help!! Mostly I seem to just lose money when I try a new diet product, weight going up and down for a while, back in a heavy phase, hate it.

Jenny Craig food is awful, want to eat my own food. Acai sounds interesting, but they’re either sold MLM – and every single health product I bought that way was way over-priced and mostly garbage -- and why say Oprah endorses it??

She just did a show about gaining 40 pounds!!

Can anyone tell me they lost weight with Acai?

Or is it just more spin? And has anyone tried Nulean?

I just found it looking for Acai reviews on this site: http://www.nulean-acaiberrydiet.com
Last edited by: trackie clm: Aug 1, 09 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Can you lose weight with Acai Berry? [infradoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even assuming it does work (i have no idea - all the adverts i've seen for it are obvious MLM crap), why would you keep buying diet products when losing weight can be achieved through eating healthy things from your local grocery store/farmer's market?

$0 weight loss plan:

- don't buy cookies, cakes, ice cream, fried foods, etc. if you MUST have something unhealthy, go to a shop/restaurant and buy a single serving (ie: one drumstick from your local convenience store/one cone from an ice cream shop instead of a gallon tub of ice cream, or a small pack of french fries from a fast food place instead of a bag of frozen fries). don't keep empty calories in the house.

- if it's a bread product, it must be whole grain. that means "whole (insert grain here)" in the list of ingredients.

- eliminate anything you eat that has HFCS in it. soft drinks, breads made with HFCS, everything. read every list of ingredients, because even healthy-sounding stuff uses this garbage (example: fibre one granola bars)

- drink water. plain water. lots of it. if you think you want a snack, drink 8oz of water and wait 10mins before you even think of looking for something to eat.

- make at least half of the volume of every meal vegetables. try to eat more than 4 cups worth of veggies daily.

- get at least 25g of fibre every day, and try to have more than 50% of it come from vegetable and fruit sources (easy if you eat loads of veg, as per above).

- eat everything in as close to its original form as possible. eliminate "ready to eat", "heat and eat" and "just add water" foods. shop from the outer edges of the grocery store, fill your fridge, and empty your cupboards of everything except dried beans, lentils, oats, quinoa, spelt, bulgur, barley, and whole grain pasta.

- eliminate as much saturated fat from your diet as possible, and avoid trans fats like the plague. get healthy fats from vegetable oils, avocados, nuts and seeds.

- eat protein with every meal (lean meat, beans, low-fat dairy). it will help you feel full longer.

- eat more than 3 meals per day. eat small amounts every 3hrs to keep your metabolism revved up.

- track your caloric intake using either a spreadsheet or website (livestrong.com's "the daily plate", calorieking.com, sparkpeople.com) and track your calories burned per your heart rate monitor. figure out your caloric needs (basal metabolic rate, resting metabolic rate), and aim for a net calorie deficit of approx. 500cal/day to lose an average of 1lb per week. if your caloric needs are (for example) 2,000 per day to maintain your weight, and you burn 700cal through exercise, then eat about 2,200cal (2,200cal intake - 700cal burned = 1,500cal net).

- further to the above, plan your meals/snacks for the day. you're more likely to make poor choices if you're hungry and have to grab something quickly - plan ahead, have healthy stuff ready to go (washed berries/grapes in the fridge, or chopped up raw veggies), pack your lunches instead of buying them, even make large batches of single-dish meals and freeze individual servings in reusable containers.

- be really, really honest about serving sizes. use measuring cups and a kitchen scale. read nutritional labels to find out what a "serving" really is (i have honestly seen a box of 3" cookies list nutritional info for 1/2 a cookie to make them look less unhealthy). as a very rough guideline, a serving of fruit/veg is the size of your fist, a serving of grains is ONE slice of bread or 1/2 a standard (4.5") bagel (approx. the size of a tennis ball), and a serving of meat is the size of the palm of your hand.

if you do all (or even most) of the above, you will not only lose weight, you'll do it in a healthy, sustainable way that will make it less likely you'll regain unwanted pounds. it's not a diet, either - diets are temporary, whereas healthy eating is a way of life.

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jul 31, 09 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: Can you lose weight with Acai Berry? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excellent post, m-k. also: remember the words "white death" - white sugar, white flour - all heavily refined, all pretty useless to your body. the faster you eliminate (white) sugar from your diet, the better you will feel.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Can you lose weight with Acai Berry? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a ridiculously long reply to a spammer.

Quote | Reply
good thing it was more or less copied and pasted from posts i've made on another site - took me all of about 2mins ;) i couldn't quite make up my mind whether it was a spammer or not..

in any case, it's there for search results in future..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I was hoping you had something already written that you could cut and paste to the sex toys spam posting last night. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Can you lose weight with Acai Berry? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
must've missed that one! *lol*

cheers!

-mistress k