Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do - July 20
Quote | Reply
Last week:

* Recover from high intensity weekend. Follow coach's training plan. Done! Very limited racing and two long rides in the heat over the weekend.

This week:

* Sprint tournament Monday night: Race smart!
* Track racing Tuesday night: Get in two solid races--work on tactics.
* Rest of week is pretty much off as this is a recovery week prior to the last build to Nationals.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - July 20 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gravenhurst Duathlon on Saturday. Provincial Duathlon Championship. Official international distance 10k-40k-5k - we don't often get a chance to race at this distance so it was a good test. 2nd in my age group, which got me a silver medal and a spot to go to the 2010 Age Group Worlds in Edinburgh Scotland. Got a 1 minute PB for this distance which doesn't sound like much but this race was very hilly on runs and bike whereas my prior PB was on the Esprit/Formula One course in Montreal last fall for the Nationals and there is only one teeny hill on that course that barely required a gear change.

Pleased with my result and ready to recover a bit then get back at it in preparation for another hilly one - the Cobourg Du at the end of August. May squeeze in a flat & fast shorter du in Windsor mid-August just to see what I can do :)
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - July 20 [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Race strong and have fun at the SOR HalfIM -- I had a great race. I went 5:35 which was a 30 minute PR for me. Yes, the swim was short and we had a current but my PR was mainly attributed to over 10 minute PRs on the bike and run. So even if the swim was dead on, I would have met my goal of sub 6 and likely would have still been lower than 5:45. This race hurt which is something I wanted it to. Usually when I get to the point where it hurts, I back off and walk/slow down. This time I pushed through it and was happy with the results. I still had a few lows that I had to get through but I was able to get through them without giving up too much which is huge for me. I even learned to pee on the bike.
2) Taper well -- Based on Sunday preformance, I say I did this.
3)
foam roll/stretch X3-- got 2 in but I did have a massage. Can I count that as the third?

Goals for this week:
1) Recover
2) Refocus on better eating. I have been feeling terrible and I think poor eating choices is the cause.
3) Happy thoughts on long ride and long run. About 50ish days from IMWI so its time for the big push!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swam 8k, rode 4.5 hrs, ran 50 mi. Frequency 4, 4, 6.

Did well with eating until the weekend - I had to supervise campers staying overnight and between anxiety that made me either want to purge, or not eat at all, I managed to (1) not eat very much and (2) what I did eat was sweets. However, I did not make myself throw up and I'm rather proud of that. The one time I wanted to I curled up with a book and read it cover to cover.

Nutritionist is bugging me about not eating enough so my goals this week are (1) no sugar (2) try some other grains (have had barley so far... and have quinoa to make) and (3) make sure I'm not in too much of a caloric deficit.

Goals for the week - swim 5x, ride 6 hrs, run at least 50 mi, keep time spent cycling and running equal or in favor of cycling. I'm bike commuting a bit this week and trying to decide if riding to the pool, then back home, counts as 1 ride or 2... what do you think?! hee hee I know it doesn't matter.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week :
Did absolutely nothing but sleep, work and want to die. Stupid being sick. What a waste of a week.

This week :
Try not to get sick again. I don't think I am entirely over this bout of whatever I had, so I am trying to not jump back in 'whole hog'. So far, I am taking it easy (perhaps a little too easy, but I don't want another full week off from being sick again).
I am hoping to get at least two of everything in at some point this week (run, bike, swim, weights).

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All workouts completed last week.
Had my first overall win on Sunday at a very popular sprint tri and a PB 1:04!

This weekend I have my 300 mile 3 day bike ride for ALS. Should be fun!

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Recovery + Moving
Swim 1-2 times easy -> 1 swim only and it felt terrible oh well, NOT DONE
Run 2-3 times easy, all sub 1hr -> 2 easy runs, they felt ok, so DONE
Ride 2 times easy on the trainer. -> 1 easy ride on trainer, one on road, so DONE
MOVE!!!-> DONE and it was a PITA but we love our new house!!!

This week: ramp up for last 4 weeks to IMC
Swim: 3-4 times (2 swims done already)
Run: 3-4 times, including 1 long run (2hrs)
Ride: 2 trainer sessions of 90min-2hr (1 done already); one long road ride (5+ hrs); figure out stem and saddle issues.
Drink more water, eat less food, really try to drop the last 5-10lbs - the less weight I have to haul up Richter, the better.
Relax and try not to get nervous - yet! that's what tapering is for ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals: get lots of rest for the 10k on thursday, PR the race

not so much on the rest, but did PR the race by 2:39 off my last 10k, and got 3rd place in my AG.

get a run and/or cycle in on saturday before
the party, get the bikes packed up sunday (hopefully get another run and/or cycle in as well) and leave on tour monday morning!

nothing doing here. enjoyed the luxury of sleeping in late, then spent all day on prep work for party/tour.

will have opportunity to do a couple of open water swims and some hiking while we're away

not so much. did some wading, but georgian bay was only about 50f, and getting a chill before a night in a tent didn't sound like a good idea, and i didn't have my bathing suit with me when we hit bridal veil falls. rainstorms negated our day off the road to go hiking, but i did a lot of walking.

will be facing the challenge of trying to eat well while on the road.

did extremely poorly with this. vegetables don't seem to exist on manitoulin island, and i got suckered by a couple of pieces of pie, and an ice cream cone in providence bay. ate a LOT of fresh georgian bay whitefish, though!

totally worth a couple of extra pounds (which will easily come off now that i'm back to healthy eating and no drinking) to enjoy myself guilt free for a week...and wake up in the morning to look out of my tent and see this:

cheers!

-mistress k