Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon)
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a pair of tri shoes and have narrowed it down to the Specialized Tri Vent or the Sidi T2 (non carbon sole).
My main beef with the Sidi shoe is the color - they are pink. I hate pink in a shoe. Plus it clashes with my Cervelo ;-).
What's with pink and women's clothing? Ugh!
Any opinions on these two shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon) [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried both, and if you can, you should try them too, as I'm sure our feet aren't the same...however, I personally like the trivents: specialized does a great job with women's shoes, and most women and men I know who have trivents like them. Many companies make shoe inserts, and I myself have specialized inserts- they make at least three different thicknesses/arch supports, which is handy. You might hate a shoe- until you get the right insert- you'll have to try them out and see!

And as for the pink: I completely agree. Pink is fine: make the damn women's specific crap in pink, but have an alternative option- please offer it in black, or blue, or green or just something ELSE too!
Quote Reply
Re: Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon) [mellorite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think we are in the minority having a great "dislike"for pink shoes and lack of alternative colors? I wonder. Maybe they don't talk to women... or at least the right ones ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried them on? I wear Sidi because I have narrow feet. I was told the Italian brands tend to run more narrow.

Didn't Sam McGlone write an article about the whole pink issue just recently? It's true though, I don't mind pink, but pink ACCENTS!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon) [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have owned both tri shoes. The Sidi shoe is significantly narrower than the Specialized shoe. The specialized shoe has a roomy toe box.
I have narrow feet so I liked the Sidis but I have been perfectly happy with the Specialized shoe also - I also ended up buying specialized inserts to go in them - I needed more arch support than what came with the shoe. Specialized makes 3 heights of arch support. I take the middle one (it's blue).

I am right there with everyone else on the pink stuff. I don't really like pink. I'll wear it once in a great while, but I don't really like it. I would say have the pink option, but have other colors too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read multiple sources that "market research shows" women athletes like pink, flowers and swirly things on their bikes, clothing and accessories. I wonder how this market research is conducted, and where. Anyone have any insights? Also a link to the Sam McGlone article?
Quote Reply
Re: Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon) [mellorite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely don't like any of those things!
Quote Reply
Re: Trivent vs Sidi T2 (Non carbon) [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear the Specialized carbon women's road shoe. Although I have quite narrow feet it still works for me.
I tried the Sidi T2 this week but the shop I went to didn't have my size (37). They have to order that size in, of course. (Yet another sore point for me - no small sizes.)

Does anyone have an opinion on carbon vs non-carbon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A carbon sole shoe is both lighter and stiffer providing better power transfer from stroke to crank.

Not a fan of the pink thing but lately notice I have more pink accents - mainly because of availability.
definitely not a swirly girl. Ugh!
Quote Reply