Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [NYCLauren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm chiming in late on this forum but caught where someone asked if anyone has used the Cobb saddle. I have one and it works great for me I have the hardest to fit butt, and for road bikes i use the Specialized Toupe 143 which is a perfect width for me and not too much saddle, very comfy. Non-gel saddle btw. For my tri and TT bike, I went w/ Cobbs saddle. He is very in tune with how to build a saddle and actually hand made these saddles while dialing them in by taking feedback from male and female. If in the aero position, you need to remember, too wide of a saddle can trigger cramping. I tried the Profile Design Tri Stryke and was a little too narrow but Cobbs was perfect. I got the Plus with his, little lighter.

Kristi
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [kkees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's something I might suggest. I've been working on finding the right combo for my wife in terms of saddle type, fit, postion etc. I'm very motivated as his has a strong effect on my <ahem> love life. When I go for a long ride I use a large glob of saddle butter for taint protection. Works for me but I have never been able to talk my wife into doing it. Today she lubed up and had a great 50 miler. The formula-a glob KY internally, chamois buttle on the taint and outside of the <cough> lips area. Success! By the way she uses a Terry Butterfly with the nose down slightly.

Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddles are such a hard (pardon the pun) thing to figure out and so individualistic....i rode three different ones, and each time felt a little diffierent (not perfect). I also found as my geometry changed, and aggressiveness on the bike got more so, so did my saddle needs (duh).
I've been on an Adamo Road saddle for a year now and LOVE IT. In fact, another girl in NY (on www.gotribalnow.com discussion forums) rode hers, and loved it so much, she wrote to them and told 'em they should sponsor the GOTRIbal girls cause so many were running out to buy 'em and ride 'em.
Anyway, i mention it cause this is quite possibly on of the toughest purchases for us chicks...well, for anyone really...and since comfort drives everything else...well, i just wanted to drop in my 2 cents.

Onward and upward!
Tanya
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [insandiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, Insandiego, so how long did it really take you to get comfortable with the Adamo? Are you on the Adamo Gel or the road saddle? I have been trying to break in my Adamo road saddle for a little over a month now and I think I have some serious fit problems with my sit bones. I have been told that I need to just keep at it and my tail will eventually get used to it. I consider myself a little "seat bi-polar" at this point. I keep switching back to my old seat when it gets too painful to gut out the longer rides, however, I am attempting my first IM in just 2 weeks and feel like I am losing the @ss war. My old seat KILLS the "girls" but my new seat Kills my sit bones, mostly when I am more up-right, down in the aero's it's not too bad, but this is a hilly course and I know I will need to spend some significant time out of aero position. Is there a pad or ANYTHING that can help get me through this??? Has anyone ever tried a gel chamois insert? Am I just missing something?
Any suggestions... please cure my bi-polar @ss!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [shen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey girl.
i feel your pain. well, i did. ;-) But not anymore.
with that said, i have a few things to share:
a. i ride frequently and there is no substitute for that. at some point you just gotta get used to the arse-issue.
b. this (point a) has given me a chance to figure out what works/doesnt and testing out saddles has just been par for the course
c. I get "fitted" (i.e. know my sitbone width) and then I talk through my riding style and riding position (for most times) in order to figure out which saddles i should try
d. Ultimately i ended up with the Adamo Road cause it just is the best fit for me. (given all these variables)

I did a VERY HILLY course in June (half ironman) and was out of aero for about 60% of the ride.... and was fine.

I've found that in aero it's not as perfectly comfortable, but I'm not looking for lounge chair comfy! I'm usually riding pretty close to the nose anyway, and up and on top of my bike, so i just go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had asked about the Cobb saddles. Glad to hear some feedback.

I've been on a Bontrager RL something or other...(the middle of the road one, also the middle-width one)..and am not 100% sold yet. It's not been that bad, but I've been such a slacker and only raced on it (one HIM and one hilly Oly this past weekend).

I don't think I've had nearly enough time on it to really criticize, but it's not all bad. Stay tuned. We have a scheduled ride on Wed., I might know more after that.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been riding the Cobb saddle on my tribike since April and really like it. I'm sure I've tried at least 2 saddles per year every year of my riding life, and this one I think I'll actually stick with since I'm not having any problems with it.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by bexsmith [ In reply to ]
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [bexsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that Selle Italia and Fizik both do a saddle demo program where you can borrow each of their saddles for a ride and then buy the one you like best. I did that with the Selle Italia and thought that the Prolink would work best but after two test rides the Diva was the only one that didnt causes hot spots or chafing.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [bostonhopeful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to have Adamo, switched to SMP Stratos, now have Cobb's V Flow Plus. It's the best I've found. I also had the issues with Adamo being too wide and causing problems. The Stratos seemed fine for a month, but once I started building mileage, it was terrible. The V Flow Plus is similar in feel to the Adamo, but not as wide. I'm about to order another for my trainer bike...I like it THAT much!

http://www.strikeforceracing.com
Team Sponsors: Rudy Project, Skratch Labs, Xterra
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [NYCLauren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received an ADAMO road on closeout (but it is pink) and will put it on today. Will let you know how it works. I did a 52 mile ride on a new VIGO (WTB) saddle on my mtn bike & it was awesome. I might try it on my road bike, also.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [musclesinmotion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hope i have a similar experience - after much agonizing, i just pulled the trigger on a v-flow max that i can't really afford, but might actually let me ride my bike more than once every 4-5 days. was looking at the stratos, but your review + lower price/satisfaction guarantee on the cobb tipped the scales.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
my v-flow max came in friday evening, so i slammed it on the bike and raced it saturday (yeah, blasphemy, i know).

MUCH better than what i'd been using! only rode it about 2km to get seat height dialed in on friday night, and then 30km on saturday, but i think i might just have my saddle woes solved! coming home saturday afternoon, i was actually looking forward to the next time i'd ride my bike, instead of trying to avoid thinking about ever having to get on it again!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Update: Bought her an Adamo Road. She is quite pleased already. Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: Women's Saddle Choices? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wise choice-the more time I spend on mine, the better I like it. After I called the manufacturer's rep, who posts here regularly, he reminded me, as I am to your wife, that this saddle takes up to 500 miles to fully break in.

I did IMLOU on Sunday and finished in great comfort "down south".

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next