Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: i don't, do you ? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Ok guys and gals. Those of you who think pee is sterile and ok to whiz in the pool. Come to my house and I will pee on your head any time. Or better yet you like drinking a golden shower.? Bring it on. My old swim coach used to have a nice bucket full of water before college swim classes. He would have the nasty looking guy put his ass in the bucket, then ask the prettiest girl to put her face in the same bucket. And that folks is why we shower before entering the pool and don't piss in it. My ass goes where your face goes next. Thank you very much.

yeah, if youve swam in almost any pool in the houston area, you've already been in my pee, and hundreds of others. don't let it ruin your day.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Goldens wrote:
Was talking with a new mother recently about community pools that offer parent/baby swim classes and afterwards I started thinking. Even with swim diapers, there has got to be some 'seepage' for those babies with little or no control...yes? no? Maybe 'peeing' in the pool is the least of our worries (at least in facilities where lane swimming and classes are held in the same pool).

sorry to disillusion you but swim diapers don't keep pee in at all they are designed only to keep O Henry bars from getting out!
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Tuesday our practice is right after mentally challenged kids..and there are quite a few little brownies here and there..
But serisly, I pee in the pool SEVERAL times during the practice. I also pee in the tub sometimes when I'm icing my legs..
Last edited by: robot_ap: Apr 12, 12 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [jungro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jungro wrote:
I don't know a single competitive swimmer who doesn't pee in the pool.

There were two girls on our team who would run to the locker rooms regularly during practice between sets. The rest never left the pool for the entire 4 years I was there.

One can guess how that was possible.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
You do know that urine is sterile, right...

Love this argument. So it'd be alright if I peed on your leg then? "It's sterile you know.."

Frankly I'm amazed the number of people that do this. I used to attend 1.5 hour training sessions in the pool regularly. Never had the urge to pee, even with hydration on deck. Same is true on long bike rides or a half marathon. If you've gotta pee that bad during a comparatively short pool session I'd say you are taking in too much hydration. Or you're not going to the bathroom before climbing into the pool. Or you're drinking too much before you climb into the pool. Or any combination of the above. The presence of chlorine also does not justify peeing the in pool.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [TigerBlood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>reminds me of the story about the two Florida boys peeing off the bridge.
>>First boy says.....whoo......this waters cold
>>Second boy says: yep...and its deep too.

Third boy says: yep... and it's got a sandy bottom too!

Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Blue42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Swimmer's etiquette" is pretty unique. What other group has a highly developed code of conduct governing one's behavior, yet find it perfectly acceptable to piss in the common environment?
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 (Great response!)
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Ultra_Chump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra_Chump wrote:
even if it wasn't sterile, there's more than enough chlorine to kill anything alive. Besides, there is probably stuff way nastier than a little urea in any given public pool.

I have much less of a problem with piss when compared to viruses and bacteria that fuckers drag with them into public places.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every person who has ever swam competitively does it. Most little kids do it. Senior citizens can't help it. Doesn't matter what your opinion of the practice is, you'd better get used to the fact that there is always pee in the pool. Usually much more than that.

I was a lifeguard for some time and you wouldn't believe how often we had 'fecal incidents' or 'bodily fluid contamination' - it happens all of the time and seriously, if pool filtration protocol wasn't safe, do you think the department of public health would allow pools to operate?

If you are really grossed out, just swim in the morning when the pool has had some time to circulate the water and rechlorinate it.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
jungro wrote:

There were two girls on our team who would run to the locker rooms regularly during practice between sets. The rest never left the pool for the entire 4 years I was there.

We had this guy and girl on our college team leave the pool to pee on a regular basis. They made it a daily competition. On your marks, get set, go... They'd take off running on deck and enter their locker rooms. He'd go to the urinal and lost the race every time. Why? She'd go right for the showers, squat without de-suiting, and make it back on deck before he. For those of you anti-pee people, was that a better solution? Cause, she peed the shower and jumped right back in with a soiled suit.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
Do you pee in the shower?

If you're car camping, do you trek all the way to the little shower/bathroom cabana? Or chuck a whiz in your site?

Mid-race, you have to pee...do you let it go?

Funny things is none of those things will go in my mouth! But in the pool pee water could creep into my mouth. I know dont get it in the mouth but after an hour in the pool there will always be a few drops that get in.

What really grosses me out though is to know that water is swishing around other peoples crotches and anuses. Now talk about nasty!
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you people staying in the pool long enough to have to pee? We're triathletes; 20-30 minutes and we're out of the pool, right? Right?
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [WillNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WillNJ wrote:
As my coach used to say: "There are two types of swimmer in the world: Those that pee in the pool...and those that lie about it."
But he clearly hadn't done the requisite legwork to be able to legitimately stand over that statement.
It's easy to say everyone who claims not to is lying. It doesn't make it true. I don't pee in the pool, never have (at least not since I was a toddler). So your coach was wrong. You may not believe me, but I know it to be true. Justify your actions any way you like but your deceiving yourself.
Incidentally, I've regularly done 1.5-2hrs in the pool without needing to get out and pee - not seeing someone get out doesn't mean they relieved themselves in the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty angry reply to something that was written 4.5 years ago...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmillertriathlon.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WillNJ wrote:

My thoughts as well :)

Edit: 7 years ago
Last edited by: jaretj: Aug 30, 16 6:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lighten up, Francis...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WillNJ wrote:

The only thing better would be if that was his first post.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WillNJ wrote:

Really, we've all learned our lesson and stopped peeing in the pool since then.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
matto wrote:
jungro wrote:

We had this guy and girl on our college team leave the pool to pee on a regular basis. They made it a daily competition. On your marks, get set, go... They'd take off running on deck and enter their locker rooms. He'd go to the urinal and lost the race every time. Why? She'd go right for the showers, squat without de-suiting, and make it back on deck before he. For those of you anti-pee people, was that a better solution? Cause, she peed the shower and jumped right back in with a soiled suit.

So girls DON'T pee in the pool, but dudes do?

We need tigerchik's input on this one [or output, as the case may be]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy thread revival, Batman.

I think you misread the post. Neither girl nor boy actually peed in the pool. Boy went to use the restroom as a civilized person (yet uncivilized swimmer) should do. Girl did not use the restroom. She ran into the shower area, peed in her pants/ suit, and returned to practice without hosing off. They were the only 2 swimmers in my swimming career, coed the entire time, to ever even get out of the pool for a potty break.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this popped up on the current feed, so I'm not sure how it's an old thread - I didn't go looking for it.
Regardless, why would you expect my response to be different dependent on when the previous comment was posted?
Not angry, I just dislike ignorance masquerading as wisdom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erm, the post you got all righteous over was clearly a joke.

Can't believe I had to explain that..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I thought this popped up on the current feed, so I'm not sure how it's an old thread - I didn't go looking for it.
Regardless, why would you expect my response to be different dependent on when the previous comment was posted?
Not angry, I just dislike ignorance masquerading as wisdom.

I hereby amend the statement:

"There are THREE types of swimmer: Those that pee in the pool, those that lie about it...and those whom suffer from chlorine-related humor deficiency."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmillertriathlon.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next