Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This Is Totally Unscientific and Only My Perception, But: I saw far more Bush/Cheney Signs Than Kerry/Edwards Signs at the G.F.T.
Quote | Reply
Especially during the two 56 mile bike loops this last weekend when I did the Great Floridian Triathlon. Seriously, I needed to do something to keep my mind off the fatigue and lactic acid buildup, so I counted yard signs supporting one candidate or another. Here's what I saw:

In the more lower middle-class areas, I saw a few more Kerry/Edwards signs than I did Bush/Cheney, but not by much. I also didn't see a single Betty Castor sign anywhere at any time.

In the more comfortable-looking middle-middle to upper-middle class neighborhoods and communties, I saw a ton more Bush/Cheney than Kerry/Edwards signs. Also, a lot of Mel Martinez signs (he's competing against Castor for Bob Graham's U.S. Senate seat).

Everybody here knows where I stand on the two candidates, so take this for what it's worth (which isn't much;-), but maybe it's just indicative of the candidates' relative strengths or weaknesses in those counties in that part of central Florida. It's interesting to ponder, anyway ;-)

Giddyup Gallup Kahuna
Quote Reply
Re: This Is Totally Unscientific and Only My Perception, But: I saw far more Bush/Cheney Signs Than Kerry/Edwards Signs at the G.F.T. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a very young kid in 1960 living in Indiana I remember seeing Nixon signs everywhere and barely a Kennedy sign. Guess who won that election.
Quote Reply
Re: This Is Totally Unscientific and Only My Perception, But: I saw far more Bush/Cheney Signs Than Kerry/Edwards Signs at the G.F.T. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be in agreement with you...I have seen A LOT more signs and bumper stickers for Bush. In addition, I have seen even more people with the George Bush for President T Shirts....which I haven't really noticed in past elections.
Quote Reply
Re: This Is Totally Unscientific and Only My Perception, But: I saw far more Bush/Cheney Signs Than Kerry/Edwards Signs at the G.F.T. [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can honestly say where I live I haven't seen a sub $30,000 car with a Bush bumper sticker on it. Every one of them is a big truck or a big SUV. I don't know exactly what this tells me but it tells me something.

I live in a predominantly Republican voting area but they don't seem as blatant about it this year as in past elections. I do see a ton of the USA and support our troops magnets on the backs of cars though.

Bush definitely has the best logo in this election.
Quote Reply