Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war...
Quote | Reply
It's going to be $225 billion, not $200 billion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62554-2004Oct25.html

"The Bush administration intends to seek about $70 billion in emergency funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan early next year, pushing total war costs close to $225 billion since the invasion of Iraq early last year, Pentagon and congressional officials said yesterday."

For Art, Brain, et al: This is of course total liberal propoganda meant to sway the election. It is not news at all. It's total lies.
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Kerry is wrong"
- - Gee now there's a surprise!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the cost of this war would be easier to swallow if all of the reasons for going weren't disproven and it didn't cost us so much respect in the world. Oh, and it'd be nice if I felt safer too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TREASON!!!!!

""Kerry is wrong"
- - Gee now there's a surprise! "

And has been man enough to admit it at times in his life and change what he is doing to make up for it. Don't get me wrong he isn't a saint (far from it) but I like that he can do that rather than steer us down a doomed road because you're not allowed to change your mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"if all of the reasons for going weren't disproven"
- - What? You mean Saddam DIDN'T violate 17 UNSC resolutions?

"and it didn't cost us so much respect in the world."
- - It's not costing us any respect. People dislike us because we're the baddest mutha on the block. That's a good thing imo

"Oh, and it'd be nice if I felt safer too."
- - Not sure how you could be any safer. If you don't FEEL safe, maybe you need therapy.

Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [jw2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And has been man enough to admit it"

He's been mouse enough to lie about what he may or may not have been wrong about, but not man enough to admit to his lies. The "man" has no spine...

Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he doesn't admit everything no one does.... my point is he is willing to admit some things...

"he's got'em"
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"if all of the reasons for going weren't disproven"
- - What? You mean Saddam DIDN'T violate 17 UNSC resolutions?

Oh we went to war because he violated sanctions....I thought we went because he had a bunch of WMDs and was going to give them to the terrorists.

- - It's not costing us any respect. People dislike us because we're the baddest mutha on the block. That's a good thing imo

If we have a stereotype in other countries, you are it.

- - Not sure how you could be any safer. If you don't FEEL safe, maybe you need therapy.

You missed the sarcasm. I wasn't losing sleep over Saddam at any point in my lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry is wrong about the cost of the war... [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Oh we went to war because he violated sanctions....I thought we went because he had a bunch of WMDs and was going to give them to the terrorists."
- - WMD PROGRAMS. It was about programs which we were safe to assume were continuing, since Saddam refused to allow inspections. Let's see, 350 metric tons of high explosives - missing! 250 metric tons of "scrap metal" shipped to Syria in the weeks leading up to the war - unaccounted for and surely not scrap metal!

Look everyone, including John Kerry - who made an impassioned speech about it on the Senate Floor - said Saddam had WMDs. If he didn't, then give me one reason why he wouldn't allow inspections. But NO, if you read Bush's speeches on the subject, he said "We cannot afford to wait..." until Saddams WMD programs posed a real and present danger. Saddam had committed an act of war against Kuwait, and was under sanctions as a result. The UN required weapons inspections as a condition for Saddam staying in power. The UN said "serious consequences..." and W delivered. Where's the problem?

"If we have a stereotype in other countries, you are it."
- - That's a good thing too.

"You missed the sarcasm. I wasn't losing sleep over Saddam at any point in my lifetime."
- - Your failure to recognize the danger of the man who gave sanctuary to Abu Nidal and many others is testimony to your short-sightedness.

Quote Reply