Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mother/Daughter Vacation Location???
Quote | Reply
So I am full of questions today!

My mother has offered to take me on vacation for my birthday. Basically anywhere I want. I want to be reasonable and we only have a week in early June. It needs to be somewhere that has stuff for both of us to do. I am 27 and active, she is 50 and not so active, but willing to try things. The top of the list has Sedona, AZ; Steamboat, CO, Alaska(cruise maybe); San Fran(been there); or Santa Fe, NM(her pick).

Where would you go or suggest?

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Re: Mother/Daughter Vacation Location??? [southerngal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Alaska cruise sounds like the best idea because you can pick and choose activities that will fit both of your likes and abilities. My entire family did the Alaska cruise a few years ago (in June), and there were activities for everyone from age 5 to age 75 at every port of call. At one of them, I remember one of the things you could sign up for was a bike and booze tour. My aunt who's not very active did it fine. They give you bikes and it's a nice (but easy) ride to a local brewery where you then get a tour and get to taste a bunch of different beers. I don't even like beer and I enjoyed it!
Quote Reply
Re: Mother/Daughter Vacation Location??? [quakertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that sounds awsome. I am leaning towards the Alaska cruise, but was a little worried that there would not be enough for me to do.

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I totally think there will be! The only port-of-call activity that I really didn't care for was this one where we saw some "logger" competition (kinda like a strongest man competition but with tree trunks). It was the only thing we did as a whole family (aka, cousins, parents, grandparents, everyone), and it just really was more entertaining for the younger cousins, imho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sedona is an interesting option. There's an ST'er who has a B&B there (Zipp, I think?).

Other options to consider:

Miami Beach - good options for both of you
Paris - flights to Paris are really cheap right now (at least from the east coast, they are)
Chicago - lots of running/cycling paths along the waterfront, good museums, river cruise is really nice, great restaurants
Quote Reply
Re: Mother/Daughter Vacation Location??? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St. John, USVI - Paradise, hiking, kayaking, snorkeling.
Quote Reply