Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon
Quote | Reply
Can you recommend a sports bra for A-B cup that will see me through an Iron Man, with no chafing?
I have tried Zoot, Moving Comfort, Patagonia, all of which are ok for the shorter distance but not the longer events.... Does any one have a recommendation? Or is it advisable to change to a fresh one in transition?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon [bexsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the seamless champion sports bras from Target. It was the only thing I wore through my entire first IM - the swim, the bike, the run. And I was wet the whole time too, as it was raining.
I'm about your size, and I wear the size small - and I have to bodyglide my armpits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a smidge bigger than you, but wore a DeSoto Carrera top through Silverman (with the built-in) and was plenty wet and soggy through a lot of the day. The top did great, my issues started when I put a t-shirt over it as it started to chill down and wound up with holes in my arms...replaced the T with a long-sleeve at the start of the second lap and was happy again...I'd recommend DeSoto and a little BodyGlide anyday....

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Under Armour bras. I've been using them for years for racing & training, very comfy & they dry fast. I've used them for races from Xterras to Ironman...

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the recommendations. I will have to see which one of these companies will ship to Spain. Good luck with all your training and races:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found that the ones without a wide, tight band around the bottom do best for preventing chafing. Nike makes one (sorry, don't know the name) that I really like. Anything with a thick band around the bottom gives me problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest taking another look at the Moving Comfort, their cheaper ones chafe but the more expensive ones are amazing.

bexsmith wrote:
Can you recommend a sports bra for A-B cup that will see me through an Iron Man, with no chafing?
I have tried Zoot, Moving Comfort, Patagonia, all of which are ok for the shorter distance but not the longer events.... Does any one have a recommendation? Or is it advisable to change to a fresh one in transition?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Champions from Target that are seamless...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done all my IMs and most my half IMs in DeSoto Carrera corset top (the corset top is a little longer than the bra top...it covers the heart rate monitor, and it comes up a little higher in the front). This year the top has pockets. I'm not sure how easy they are to get to, but if it's like an old Sugoi top, you can have someone stash a couple gels before the race and then you have them on the run if you need them. I'm looking forward to racing in it a lot this year because of the pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 to Under Armour. I'm an A and wear a Small and it works well. I also have recently tried Shock Absorber Padded Pump one. It comes with removable pads (like bikinis) and even with the pad in it dries pretty fast. They also sell by proper sizing. Really supportive and cool colors too (not just white that goes grey after 2 washes)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any experience with wearing sports bras under ITU full suits? I've heard that the suits (made by champion sys) fit tight, but are they tight enough that no bra is needed?
On bra recommendations I love lululemon's 50 rep bra- great price and does a fantastic job! Or the all sport bra- both are really good wicking and no chafing. One thing though, I find that I have to buy a few sizes down from what I normally wear to get good support and no bouncing- but I don't feel as though I am constricted by buying a smaller size.

http://evagifford.blogspot.ca/ --> my ramblings
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon [mountain.runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I race in the CS elite tri suit.
http://champ-sys.ca/...-elite-tri-suit.html

In terms of "support", it's really a lot like wearing a lined racer back style swimsuit so if you're happy running in a swimsuit, you'll be good. If not, you might want to wear something underneath. You definitely see some of the ITU girls wearing sports bras underneath this type of suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely going to second the recommendation for the Lululemon 50 rep bra - at least when it comes to running. another good option - and quicker drying one - is their all-sport bra. Last spring I spent a week at the beach and it was the perfect top for swim-run bricks in and along the ocean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alexia wrote:
Try Under Armour bras. I've been using them for years for racing & training, very comfy & they dry fast. I've used them for races from Xterras to Ironman...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike has a Pro Compression sports bra that is great. I'm on the small side but love the compression feel when I'm training and racing. No chafing is an added bonus because it stays where you want it to throughout all three disciplines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moving Comfort Fiona is tough to beat. I have about 7 of them. ;-) A lot of my friends wear them for triathlon -- every distance including full IM's.

That said -- Body Glide is a triathlete's best friend!!! It's amazing how it prevents chafing.

Title Nine catalog online is a fantastic resource for sports bras.....tons of them and lots of user reviews and ratings. http://www.titlenine.com/...nd-undies.do?nType=1

Hope you find one you love.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alexia wrote:

I'm about your size (small B) and live in South Florida (meaning I am always completely drenched). I can actually get away with wearing their mesh bra... which isn't even advertised under their "sport's bra" category. I think it's in their "underwear" section. Anyway, it has great compression and is well ventilated. The band gets wet and stays wet, but so does every other bra I've ever worn down here. It's just too humid to dry out. I've never, ever chaffed in this bra, but I would always recommend copious amounts of Body Glide (or whatever your lube of choice is) before any race.

ETA: I'm a 34B and wear a Medium in the mesh bra; but I wear a Small in their heat gear shirts, tanks, etc... The size Small mesh bra was too tight on me.
Last edited by: shellabree: May 29, 11 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon [shellabree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.titlenine.com is a great website and I found bras in there.
Also, as others have said. Bodyglide is something I do not leave home without, I can never have enough body glide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a few of my coworkers like to use the Zensah sports bra. great at wicking, nice and snug, but I don't know if they've used it for HIM or IM distance. I would also second the use of Body Glide. my wife usually uses the Moving Comfort Fiona, but really likes using the Zensah, or at least for right now when she's biking and running, and she has the hot pink color.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear cheapo Target sports bras for all my races. They've worked so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra recommendations for triathlon [TriKat36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for lululemon's 50 rep bra!!

Has anyone tried the tri suits & tops with built-in bra's? Are they supportive enough? Or do you still need to wear an extra sports bra underneath?
Quote Reply