Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow this story deflated quickly. 24 hours and already proved wrong. All this shit about protecting oil and sleeping on the job and boom! The explosives wehre gone before the war.

The left will loose because of shit like this. Too quick to jump on to anything. You dudes need to let the story settle and prove itself then you can slowly beat the Bushites on the head with it. Makes you look less paniced and trigger happy.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone isn't telling the truth. I don't think it is the newspapers. The reported embedded with the 101st at that time says they didn't carry out a search.

Drudge et al are saying the 101st searched upon arrival on 4.10.03.

The reporter embedded with 101 said this:

AR: Was there a search at all underway or was, did a search ensue for explosives once you got there during that 24-hour period?

LLJ: No. There wasn't a search. The mission that the brigade had was to get to Baghdad. That was more of a pit stop there for us. And, you know, the searching, I mean certainly some of the soldiers head off on their own, looked through the bunkers just to look at the vast amount of ordnance lying around.

They didn't find anything, but there wasn't a search.

In addition, these were not the first troops on the scene. This report is from a week earlier:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/...chem-readiness01.htm

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really does amaze me how short-sighted people can be and how hypocritical they can be. Whether or not you think Bush is a genius or a moron and whether you think he has fought the War on Terror ( or the War on Islamo-Fascism, as it should be termed) well or not, you must concede he has done a lot of good for a lot of people on this globe.

Regardless of whines over missing weapons caches or the non-appearance of WMD ( in Iraq any way - knock on the Syrians' door) he has brought freedom from one of the most vicious dictatorships this globe ever saw, and it has seen some horrors!

Think about it! 25 million iraqis are now free to dream of a future that doesn't include being hauled away by the secret police and being fed into plastic shredders. Millions of Afghans can now breathe in freedom. Women are now on their way to full status as human beings!! Little girls can go to school and learn!

War is nasty and horrible and unfortunate and prone to error -but at times like these, there is no resonable alternative. War has always been marked by setbacks and mistakes. WW2 had plenty - do the terms Falaise Gap and Market Garden mean anything to you, to name but two of many? They were collosal errors that probably extended the war in Europe by at least six months and let the German army live to fight and kill thousands more Allied troops. But no-one screamed at FDR or Dwight because they were mature enough to realise that war is hell and the only thing that matters in the final reckoning is that you, and not your enemy, win!!

The West is in a generation long war with a bunch of fascists who hate everyone that is not like them. They want to kill us not for what we have done or what we might do, but because of who we are. We are a freedom loving people who believe in it enough to bear any price to afford it to others and protect it for those who do have it, whether they deign to appreciate it or not. Let's not lose sight of what really counts. The Right and Left, Ann Coulter and Michael Moore, and Bush and Kerry have far, far more in common with each other and fealty to the same ideas and beliefs than any of them do with the likes of Zarqawi and Bin Laden.

Let's realise what is at stake here today and put aside the pettiness of it all. The West is fighting for its survival. Our enemies realise that. It' about time the West did too.
Quote Reply
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [wmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The road to the compund is one of the most heavly traveled roads in Iraq. It was the main road on the push to Bagahad. It is heavily traveled and protected.

380 tons of explosives are missing. It would take 38 10 ton trucks to unload it. So are telling me the insurgents had a convoy of 38 10 ton trucks sneak past the Army on one of the major arteries in the Army supply line.

Just give in and file this as another attempt to slam Bush,

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, they don't use CINC anymore. Now it's just "Commander, United States Southern Command", or European Command, etc,etc. Now I think people generally just use the abbreviation for the command to stand for the guy as well. So the Commander US Southern Command is referred to as SOUTHCOM.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: US too busy gaurding oil to bother with weapons cache. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's what I figured. I run by PACOM's big old mansion just about every day. Just makes me nostalgic for when we used to get to say stuff like, "I gotta run this message traffic over to CINCLANT before his guys start hollering for it".

Only been retired 5 years, but I regret from time-to-time not going the "sandcrab" civil servant route. But then I look at my paycheck and the perks (and my monthly pension ;-) and I get over it quickly :-))

Vive le Northwest!

K
Quote Reply

Prev Next