Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do April 13
Quote | Reply
My goals last week were 6 workouts of each sport, and survive my thesis defense. Got the second one ;-) I will graduate with High Honors. I was also accepted to grad school!

run - 64.6 mi, 6 x
bike - 6 hrs, 4 x
swim - 19.6k, 5 x

Not too shabby.

This week: 5 of each sport, and <20 min for a local 5k on Saturday.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do April 13 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:

* Ride daily, including the specific workouts the coach gave me. DONE! Got in 17 hours on the bike, most of it climbing.
* Don't sucumb to Dawn's tequila shots!! ;-) DONE! I was even in bed early Saturday night.

* Water, water, water! COULD HAVE DONE BETTER ON THIS ONE.

This week:
* Follow training plan.
* Race on the velodrome on Wednesday night.
* Monitor nutrition. Write everything down.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GREAT JOB AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!!

I schlepped and probably missed most of my goals. I'm not even taking the time to look back.

Going forward: I'd like to do well this weekend in the race. I want to try to sleep and survive the chaotic travel and I want to get my diet back in control and drink water and STOP drinking so much caffeine.

I'm setting the bar pretty low for myself...

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do April 13 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What race?

Thank you - I am very proud!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A goofy little tri in Orange Beach, AL - the MullettMan...it's a sprint - 1/4mi swim, 17mi bike, 4mi run...starts and ends at a bar and they give you free beer and red beans and rice. It's pancake flat (except the bridge over the ICW), there's usually a light breeze, the sun's usually out and there are usually a few characters out to giggle at/with. My family lives there, so we usually make it a day-long event with them and their friends of racing, then drinking, drinking, eating, drinking, laughing, getting sunburnt and some more eating and drinking. Our day is totally not efficient on the training, but a great early-season shake-out and is a great getaway from Indiana rain-crap-spring. Couple of friends going with this year, so it should be even more entertaining.

A 12 hour drive (one way) for an hour-and-a-half race is a bit much - but the day before and after soaking up some sand and sun make it totally worth it.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lastweek's goals:
1) Be an ultramarathoner by Sunday!! The McNaughton 50 miler is this weekend. -- Done and had a blast!! I have had two people come up to me this week and say "Now I can understand why you wanted to do an ultra, but what made you pick McNaughton as your first?". That comment makes me feel great. Not only did I complete a 50 miler but I did it on a tough course. For those that don't know, the course is a 10 mile loop we run over and over again. The loop this year has several memerable moments including 3 water crossings -- 1 ankle deep, 1 knee to thigh deep, and 1 mid-calf to knee deep. It also has many many ups and downs including one you must climb with the assistance of a rope. The first 3 loops were muddy but they dried out a bit for 4 and 5. I did learn that if the mud looks knee deep, it is!! I managed to keep both my shoes the entire race but two of my running partners both lost both of theirs in a battle with mud. Quite funny for those watching! It was great fun and I can not wait until the next one. I can almost say, I am prouder of this accomplishment than I was of my IM finish.

2) Not only finish my first 50 miler but Chad to the finish line of his 100 miler (even if it means running more than 50). -- Not a success. Chad did great but ran into some unexpected and never before felt knee pain during the night. He didn't finish 100 but did aweseom. I am so proud of him. He will be back to conquer another 100 soon and if he does, I would be honored to be on his crew again.

Goals for this week -- well its Friday so I guess goals for whats left of the week
1) Recover
2) Mentally prepare to begin a bike focused couple of weeks
3) Survive this weekends 5k. I am the race director so it should be a busy weekend!

Last edited by: instigator: Apr 17, 09 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do April 13 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good luck with your race directing, and congrats on the 50 miler!!!

Quote Reply