Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alaska's initiative to legalize marijuana
Quote | Reply

Alaska is a unique state. Enough voters petitioned to get the initiative below put on the the 2 Nov ballot:

BALLOT MEASURE NO. 2

INITIATIVE NO. 01MRNA

Initiative to Legalize Marijuana

This bill would remove civil and criminal penalties under state law for persons 21 years or older who grow, use, sell or give away marijuana or hemp products. State or local government could not require a permit or license for personal cultivation or distribution of marijuana, but could regulate marijuana like alcohol or tobacco. It removes all existing state restrictions on prescription of marijuana by a doctor for all patients, including children. It allows for laws limiting marijuana use in public and to protect public safety.

SHOULD THIS INITIATIVE BECOME LAW?

Quote Reply
Re: Alaska's initiative to legalize marijuana [Bill Young] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I do in the privacy of my own home is none of the Guvments business as long as i am hurting no one but myself. Toke On, Just dont leave the house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of a moot point since federal law trumps state law...

Still, I think it's a good idea.

In Reply To:

SHOULD THIS INITIATIVE BECOME LAW?

YES!
Quote Reply
Re: Alaska's initiative to legalize marijuana [JoeMWiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. I seriously have to disagree.
Quote Reply
Re: Alaska's initiative to legalize marijuana [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why?

Pot would have been legalized in Canada a long time ago had it not been from political pressure from right wing US politicians who insist on supporting the so called American "war on drugs" which is about as effective as prohibition was in the 30's. As it is, pot is legal with a medical perscription in Canada for chronic cancer pain cases, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't partake but I think it should be the states choice to legalize it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of our contract choppers slings in tons of this stuff for the D.E.A , I wonder if they could just sell it and tax it . It would bring California out of the financial hole. Its is just, the latest prohibition,,,,, that needs repealing You can have 10 gallons of thunder bird 151 at home,,,,no law agaist it. Whats worse.??? People take legal pain killers like candy. ????
Quote Reply