Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whazzup? I'm in Detroit; headed to Orlando for the Great Floridian
Quote | Reply
Man, what a hectic last 5 days. Flew down to Kona late Friday night, slept in after watching the swim start and then used my company's new wireless laptop/dispatch unit to report on the race for you guys :-) The technology we've invested in with these Dell units is incredible.

Flew back to Honolulu later that night (after having a good time down by the race finish ;-), went to work in the morning and then flew out to Minneapolis later that afternoon.

Got into Minny, waited around a couple hours and then caught a flight to Detroit (with my wife in Iraq, my parents have been doing the caretaking on our house) and am now sitting here yakking with you fabulous people :-) The time change is killing me (we're 6 hours behind out in HI).

Gonna fly down to Orlando early Thursday morning and will do the Great Floridian IM-distance race on Saturday. Back up to Detroit (we live in a suburb nobody on this site has probably ever heard of, Southgate, but we love it) on Monday morning, to Minny for a management seminar on Tuesday, back to Detroit Tuesday night and then a few days to rest up until I jump back on another flight to Minny and then on to Honolulu on Saturday morning. And then it's back to work on Sunday morning.

Man, it's a good thing I'm an airline employee. At least I don't pay for airline tickets, and I get huge discounts on rental cars and hotel rooms. So that's a plus, I guess.

Hey.....I know all of us have differing political views, but that's what makes this room fun. And I enjoyed sending dispatches from the Ironman last week (makes me feel like I'm doing something useful, and I had a big "hook up" with the director for Hawaiian Airlines, who got us the passes to be up on the Queen K. and down on Ali'i drive, so I've got to give him some "props", too).

I like to think of this room as a slightly edgier version of something like "Evans and Novak" or "Carlson and Press" or something like that.

Keep giving those views. I certainly appreciate them, even if I might not neccessarily agree with 'em sometimes (as I'm sure you certainly don't agree with everything I might say ;-). After all, where's the fun in always hanging around people who have exactly the same views as you?

I'll let you guys know how it went at the GF as soon as I can (they won't let me carry my Blackberry or the other wireless unit I have out on the bike or run course....the bastards ;-) Obviously, there can't be too many of us from HI doing the race (there's TWO, to be exact), so it'll be easy enough to get my splits, should any of you have any curiosity (I actually used to be an AG record holder at that race; in the 35-39). I'm just hoping to drag my wasted fanny across the line in 12 hours or so, these days :-))

I'm doing my best to not piss my dad off (he's a rabid Kerry supporter, and my Protestant minister mother is a Bush supporter). You can imagine the conversations we have when we go out to dinner ;-) But it's hard man, real hard :-))

BK
Quote Reply
Re: Whazzup? I'm in Detroit; headed to Orlando for the Great Floridian [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Luck Iron Kahuna!!!!!!!

I would say "way to pick up them frequent flyer miles" but that is sorta irrelevant in the extreme. ;-)

I agree that Tibb's Room is a study in diversity and a lot of fun.

Have a fun day at the races!
Quote Reply
Re: Whazzup? I'm in Detroit; headed to Orlando for the Great Floridian [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Tony... only 140.6 to go!!

"I like to think of this room as a slightly edgier version of something like "Evans and Novak" or "Carlson and Press" or something like that."

I like to think of Bob Novak and Tucker Carlson finding real jobs, 'cuz they SUCK at defending the conservative point of view.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. I had hoped to do that one myself but I broke my toe a few weeks ago. I love that bike course just hilly enough to mix it up. I used ot live on it about 5 years ago. I have done the GFT 4 times and ironically the one year I lived on the course was the year that I did IMF.
Quote Reply