Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: military spending [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now why the fuck do you think I said *holding* with asterisks???

next time I post, I will think of you, and dumb it down to the 7th grade level.
Quote Reply
Re: military spending [cenes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
next time I post, I will think of you, and dumb it down to the 7th grade level.

I appreciate it.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: military spending [cenes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"now why the fuck do you think I said *holding* with asterisks???

next time I post, I will think of you, and dumb it down to the 7th grade level."

Always nice to see a calm respectful discussion. Does anyone want to stop the hijack and get back to the point about military spending?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: military spending [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone want to stop the hijack and get back to the point about military spending?

Uh, yeah, OK.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the amount of money we spend on the military. As has already been pointed out, comparisons with the military budgets of other nations are invalid, because a lot of other nations depend on our military for security. (Directly and indirectly- we bear the brunt of maintaining security in the Gulf, and every industrial nation benefits from that.)

I'd also point out that military spending is actually Constitutionally sound, while a lot of other federal spending isn't.

On the other hand, I think the military- or maybe its civilian leadership- has grown too fond of expensive, high tech solutions to problems we no longer face. The GI is still the ultimate weapon.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply

Prev Next