Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How did you do? 03/16/2009
Quote | Reply
Well we didn't have a post last week so I have no goals to revisit but I thought I would get it started for this week.

Overall last week had its downs and ups. The downs were that I was traveling so my workouts were so-so. Got most of them in but maybe not as written by the coach or as long as the coach wanted. The up was a huge half marathon PR for me at the March Madness Half Marathon in Cary, IL. I ran a 1:51:37 (watch time - it was not chipped time so not sure of my official result but I know it was under 1:52) which is just about 14 minutes faster than my half mary PR I ran last May. And this course was way hillier than my PR course. So I am super stoked that I am now somewhat fast. I mean 8:30s for 13.1 is sorta fast right? I know I am not breaking any records but I am super stoked.

This week's goals are:
1) Finish all workouts as written by the coach including the tempo run of 3 miles at a sub-8 pace (I think I may stop telling my coach my PRs) and my 2 rides
2) Keep a positive mental attitude on the long run on Sunday (30+ miles on the trail)
3) Get diet back on track after eating out almost every meal last week

So how is your training?
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? 03/16/2009 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My past two weeks
72.5 mi run (10 runs) + 5:15 bike (7x)
76.5 mi run (8 runs) + 6:50 bike (6 x) + 3800 yds (1 x)

I was on spring break and got all the necessary homework done, got ahead, did work on my thesis. Had a friend stay with me - a guy I started dating before break - for the last 5 days of vacation. He's nice, we had a good time over break, but now I am craving introvert time... I also think I want to be just FRIENDS with him so now I need to figure out how to tell him this. Sigh. I'm just not cut out for relationships, I start dating and then get tired of it SO quickly. Can I go back into my shell please.

Goals for this week
swim Tuesday-Friday
run 7 times but with 1 day off
ride every day
SCHOOL: finish thesis and get to my committee! It's nearly done.
EATING: forbidden from sweets/desserts for 2 weeks and am supposed to eat whole grains (scary pasta rice things) instead. The nutritionist I am working with broke things down for me into X "exchanges" (servings) of grains fruit veggie protein milk fat so I'm counting those rather than calories. This has been helpful. I am still not eating all I am supposed to, too scary. Working on it. But I've only purged once in the past 2 weeks which is progress...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Mar 16, 09 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your 1/2 PR.

With the "30+ mi long run" for Sunday - whatchya training for?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • Got in all my workouts. I even did my double run after some nasty dental work. Luckily I had Valium to help me recover from my second run :-)
  • Complained to my coach that I wasn't running as long as I wanted too and my progress was too slow. I really miss banging out a half mary on the weekend at the last minute, just for fun. I'm moving up to 65 minute runs on this 2 week cycle and I'm excited about that. Coach is awesome because he puts up with my whining then tells me why he is doing what he is with my training. Then, he tells me to get the work done. Best coach evar! (And my saying that has nothing to do with the fact that he is a regular here and reads my posts)
  • Starting lifting weights again. Owie! But, necessary.
  • Made appt. with Dr. to get my night sweats checked out. (Stop telling me it is a symptom of lymphoma! Don't you all know I am indestructable?)
  • Remembering to take my multi-vitamin and flaxseed oil. I swear that flaxseed really helps with recovery after runs.
  • Ate too many mini-eggs and cupcakes. All of that is cleared out of the house now. I've put 4lbs back on in the last 6 weeks so time to stop screwing around.

Next week.
  • Limit myself to 1oz of dark chocolate a day. I gotta have it but I can cut waaaay down.
  • Start tracking my food, gddammit! Less than 1400 calories as day. I am only training about 40 minutes a day so this is reasonable.
  • Start eating breafast within 90' after I wake up. I'm terrible about that.
  • Get in all my workouts. Run outside unless it is pouring rain and below 40*.
  • Weights 2 - 3 days this week. PT after every run

That should do it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? 03/16/2009 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell ya what, those mini eggs are Da Bomb! I've been eating them every yr since my MIL introduced me to them. Thank you very much mom. :-)

Hey, did all my w/os. Didn't complain too much I believe, since we do have the same coach Jen.

Did not give up the wine just yet, but will...only 11.5wks til marathon time, so really need to buckle down with ETOH intake. :-(

N~
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? 03/16/2009 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the congratulation!

My 30+ mile run is my last long run in preparation for the McNaughton Trail 50 miler -- http://www.mcnaughtonparktrailruns.com/index2.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooh. Neat.

I am at 2 days of no-sugar and :-( I want sugary things, so badly. gggrrrrr the whole bread/pasta/pizza thing just isn't as tasty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had goals in awhile so I need to get this back on track - that may be part of the problem.
  • I'm quite annoyed with the world at the moment for no good reason. That needs to change. (That's an immediate goal)
  • I've ramped up the running a bit and am headed into crunch time for the Pig. Speedwork tonight - must hit the tempos and speedwork for the next few weeks. The long runs are imperative and I need to ratchet up the positive attitude quotient. I do feel fairly ok with the shorter runs....the relationship with running is so/so.
  • After some hellacious travel for work I'm trying to get the swimming back on track. Scared of the state meet and think I'm bailing out on it, but I will do one soon.
  • I hope the bike is en route back to Indiana. I'm going to pick up a new helmet anyway to have one, then hopefully get my arse in the saddle within the next few days. The weather is picking up, it's time for me to act like an athlete.

A month today from Race #1 of season. Hooray for getting the ball rolling.

AW
Quote Reply