Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polls show Kerry in trouble
Quote | Reply
Bush pulls ahead
in trio of polls;
4th finds deadlock President, Kerry trade
barbs on Iraq, terrorism MSNBC staff and news service reports Updated: 11:55 a.m. ET Oct. 18, 2004 President Bush is pulling ahead of John Kerry in three polls as the race for the White House approaches its final two weeks while a fourth poll finds the candidates are deadlocked. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6273430/ ******************************************************* Kerry looks to be in trouble but I don't care what the polls say, it's going to be a close one. This will be like last time. A mess in the courts.
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you heard about my quest to never let a message go unreplied in this room?
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have. And you should try to get it into the Guiness Book. Or at least, try to get some Guiness into YOU.

Good on ya, mate ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with the polls is that they reflect the popular vote, not the electoral.

Personally, I've never understood (and I've studied statistics) how a poll of 837 people in NYC can tell you diddly.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Have you heard about my quest to never let a message go unreplied in this room?"
You da man

Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but there are polls by state which give a more accurate picture. Last time I checked, bush had a definite lead for electoral votes. I just don't see how this election can go to Kerry. When things are quiet (no debates, conventions, etc.) it tends to favor Bush. I think Bush will win the election and with a margin that will be bigger than most people expect.
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think Bush will win the election and with a margin that will be bigger than most people expect."

It's damned hard to tell, because of so much media bias. If you listen to CNN, Bush is toast. If you listen to FOX, Kerry's toast. If you scan the channels, you get the same story from different perspectives so that it doesn't even sound like the same story.

Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/url]Electoral College Update Here are the latest electoral vote tallies which are updated daily (270 needed to win):

Bush's approval rating is the lowest its been and in many polls he is pulling less than 50%. That makes him ripe for an upset. We'll see though, it'll depend on whether or not the undecideds break like they normally do for the challenger or if the terrorist fears will make them break back towards Bush.
Quote Reply
Re: Polls show Kerry in trouble [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kerry's going down like a drunken sailor on a two-bit Panama City bargirl. Not that I'd know anything about drunken sailors or P.C. bargirls (hee-hee).

Seriously, it's all over. Why even go vote? Everyone should just stay home and watch the election on TV and let all the networks call it early in the afternoon, like they did last time ;-)

BK
Quote Reply