Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: kidney stones [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet that most of us on this board don't like having opiates, but I tried the half dose thing with my Hydrocodone and it didn't cut it for me. One barely did anything, two was heaven.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: kidney stones [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

I've since also learned that the relief could be because the stone shifted to allow some flow through. The one where I had surgery was one where it had shifted off and on for a couple months.

That had to be agony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
My experience has been that you know it when the stone passes. It's like day and night. One minute, it's hella pain, and the next, you're fine,

Does it hurt coming out of the urethra?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my experIence, it doesn't. Urethra is so much bigger, so once it passes, it passes. It's light night and day. One minute you're in pain, the next minute, it's over. That's assuming it just hasn't shifted, in which the relief may be temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you're through this, you'll be in the club. Sure, it's a shitty club to be in.
Quote Reply
Re: kidney stones [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Wow!

At least you weren't in the middle of an Ironman marathon. ;-)
I was in hour 14 of a 24 hr mtb race when I withdrew due to severe back pain. Found out a few hours later it was kidney stones.
Including myself, everyone I know who had kidney stones ended up on the floor in pain.
Quote Reply
Re: kidney stones [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still waiting to pass it but I'm mellow. My favorite commie sympathizer could probably write a love haiku about Fidel and I'd note the beauty of his words.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Still waiting to pass it but I'm mellow. My favorite commie sympathizer could probably write a love haiku about Fidel and I'd note the beauty of his words.

LOL!! Thank God I can't relate to what you guys have experienced. I'm going to increase my uptake of H20 just as a precaution and glad to hear that beer is a preventative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a Marine buddy who did two tours in Vietnam and had three Purple Hearts. He spent a night curled up on the floor in an ER waiting room writhing in agony from a kidney stone. Said it was the worst pain he ever experienced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The worst pain comes while a stone is moving from the kidney to the bladder in the ureter. Once it is in the ureter, pray that it doesn't get stuck where the ureter joins the bladder because it can't be litho'd there due to your pelvic bones shielding the stones. If the stone makes it into the bladder, you are home free, but you will constantly feel like you have to pee until it passes. There is a medication that you will probably be prescribed that causes the ureter to dilate a bit to help the stone move on down to the bladder.

Once the stone is in your bladder, peeing it out is a non-event compared to the previous pain, but you will know it's passing.

Hope this helps.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

How are you doing? Did you pass it? Or still in limbo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freedom .... it passed last night.... it broke up at some point and there were some reddish grains of sand in the strainer.... I would election to not ever do that again
Quote Reply
Re: kidney stones [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on! You have to take a shot at a hiaku for him in his state. Here's a start (a bad start but a start).

Scuba in Cuba.
With superior healthcare.
Dreaming of Fidel.
Quote Reply

Prev Next