Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPod external battery power?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for an external battery source for my son's iPod. Were going on a trip and it would keep him busy watching movies if it had more battery life! Any ideas on a cheap, as in price, device?
Quote Reply
Re: iPod external battery power? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quickertech, richardsolo.com, and kensington.com are three companies that make these for nanos and the iPod Touch. They all run about $40, depending on exactly where you buy them. They claim to give you an additional 4-6 hours of video; my expereince with the kensington has been closer to 4 than 6, but some reviews I've read of external batteries like these suggest that using these external batteries up front instead of waiting until the internal battery is almost drained will get you better performance from them.

MacMall sells these batteries online, but I've also seen the Kensingtons in retail shops that carry Apple stuff.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For $19 you can get a DC power inverter that will plug into your cars 12V outlet and provide 112VAC to power the iPod, DVD player or anything else. Also will work on an airplane if they have the 12V socket nearby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem with most MP3 players (and I assume IPOD) is that when you connect an external power source, the headphone jack is disabled. Automobile kits include a transmitter to play through the FM radio. To use it elsewhere, you need some kind of portable docking station to get sound out of it. You might want to look into that before spending money on a battery or power converter.
Quote Reply
Re: iPod external battery power? [Larry Himmel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The problem with most MP3 players (and I assume IPOD) is that when you connect an external power source, the headphone jack is disabled. ...

Not so with an iPod. If it is connected to an external power source (AC adapter and not a computer) the headphone jack is not disabled. An iPhone's headphones work with both an external power source or a computer.
Last edited by: Raptor: Dec 21, 08 21:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, here I will recommend you to buy 200w power inverter from bestek. I have used this tool to charge camera battery for a long time. Since I'm used to charge camera battery in every trip. Just connect this charger with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge your son's iPod in anytime. Maybe you can get it in much cheaper price now on Amazon. Because this is a discount price now. Enjoy you trip, warm regard.
Quote Reply
Re: iPod external battery power? [Rorence] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rorence wrote:
Hello, here I will recommend you to buy 200w power inverter from bestek. I have used this tool to charge camera battery for a long time. Since I'm used to charge camera battery in every trip. Just connect this charger with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge your son's iPod in anytime. Maybe you can get it in much cheaper price now on Amazon. Because this is a discount price now. Enjoy you trip, warm regard.

I am pretty sure that he's no longer looking for an iPod charger. Warm regard.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: iPod external battery power? [Rorence] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, not bestek, that thing set my robot camel on fire.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a charger from Anker, they are great. Scroll down and they have some different sizes of them just depending on how many times you need the iPod recharged. Use code AKPRIME9 on that one and it's $37
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW

Look at this page for a few other codes for the different sizes
http://deals.kinja.com/your-favorite-speaker-portable-projector-robotic-vacu-1796787610
Quote Reply