Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What diet/nutrition/food blogs do you read?
Quote | Reply
I am looking for some motivation and help. Do you read any good blogs or can recommend good nutrition sites? I have been reading http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ and although he is/was a triathlete, I am not 100% in agreement with all of it, though some good info here.
What do you read for motivation to eat well, and good ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: What diet/nutrition/food blogs do you read? [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get e-mails from my coach telling me not to eat donuts and chocolate cake. I know if I do, I will pay the price... that's my motivation. She's mean!

Quote | Reply
I need a mean coach! Instead I have a sweet boyfriend who brings me Wendy's and chocolate bars...I don't think he has some hidden agenda, I think he just doesn't feel so guilty eating crap if he has company!
I have been pretty strict this week after eating crap all weekend and I feel great! if I can just stick on it and remember how sluggish and awful I feel when I am eating poorly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I get home I'll post all the food blogs I visit looking for new recipes etc.

I had a talk with the BF after we dated for a month or so explaining my diet goals etc. He was great about supporting me, even though he kept saying I was too skinny. As my race got closer he great at commenting about my diet if I slipped up some. Since I knew he didn't think I was fat (and actually wanted me with a few lbs more) his comments were great for keeping me on track. For instance he'd see a diet coke bottle in my kitchen and ask about it, or he'd see the kit kat bar and joke it must have been a long day etc. And he loved to go out to eat, but I finally said no, and started cooking tofu and stuff..he was fine with it and instead of asking if we were going out to eat and where, he'd ask if I needed anything from the grocery on his way over. Made a huge difference.

I found that committing to exercising means that I'll eat better. A lesson I learned the other day when I told someone I'd run with them in the evening and then had a healthy lunch instead of pizza and ice cream.

Stick with it, after a couple weeks you won't miss the bad stuff at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cranky Fitness

Diet Blog

Modern Forager

New York Times Nutrition and Fitness

I also read Mark's Daily Apple.
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read that one... I do not agree with some of it, but it is interesting and always makes me think.

Outside magazine this month has a nutrition special. Worth a read.

This is a link to my running club's site: a paper I wrote for a sports nutrition class last year (I post a lot of papers for them if it's training and or nutrition related)

http://www.edenathletics.com/node/8672
Paper is called "what every athlete should know about eating."

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 6, 08 15:51
Quote Reply
Re: What diet/nutrition/food blogs do you read? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PirateGirl- totally OT, but from what you've posted here I think you just may have the greatest BF evah! I'll be he's hot to boot ;-).

Ok, back to topic now...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply