Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: runny nose on the bike [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with cuds... and if you happen to be riding with someone, make sure they're not in snot shot!
Quote Reply
Re: runny nose on the bike [come back kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snot rockets aside, I asked my doctor about this because I was tired of having a heart rate in the 1000s because I couldn't breathe, which (gross out alert) would get me so frustrated that I just give up and blow in my hand and wipe it on my shorts. Gross, but really, it's all water and I'd rather be able to breathe.

Anyway -- he said it's exercise induced, take a shot of flonase/rhinocourt on either side before you ride (about an hour) and it will stop it. And it usually does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you eat dairy and meat?

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for the snotrocket! You can do both nostrils at once if you're really good at it! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: runny nose on the bike [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here! Same here!!!! Where does it come from and how does it come so darn fast!!!!

I love that we are all in this together!!!! Like a sorority full of snotrocketers!

I learned to do them in high school and my mom (who is the definition of a Southern Belle) was just so proud of me. My younger sister was (and I think still is) mortified that I participate.

Blow nose on bike- wipe with glove or hand, wipe on shorts, prepare for next time.

Blow on run- same as above

Blow nose in swim- talent, stroke, during pull through, pinch nose and shake hand... complete stroke!

I also can be lady like! I promise! That's why my toenails are painted all season long!!!

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Last edited by: KT-tri: Nov 10, 08 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: runny nose on the bike [hellame] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Snot rockets aside, I asked my doctor about this because I was tired of having a heart rate in the 1000s because I couldn't breathe, which (gross out alert) would get me so frustrated that I just give up and blow in my hand and wipe it on my shorts. Gross, but really, it's all water and I'd rather be able to breathe.

Anyway -- he said it's exercise induced, take a shot of flonase/rhinocourt on either side before you ride (about an hour) and it will stop it. And it usually does.
Thanks for that , I will try it . I did Miami man this weekend, and had a bunch of paper towels in my bento box, and held one the whole time running....time to learn how to blow out I guess!!!!

It could always be worse.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always get a runny nose when I ride.
I just ride with a 3" sport wristband.
They are a 2 pack for about 7 bucks.
Throw it in the washer when I get home and good as new for next ride.
Love em.

http://www.sportsdepot.com/uaaccessories.html#0803

(And you can get colors to match your bike!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: runny nose on the bike [DrArt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks so much!!!!!

It could always be worse.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let er' fly my friend. Chances are if your riding with someone, they have done the same thing at one time or another.
Quote Reply

Prev Next