Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: De Soto T1 wetsuit review up now. [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. odd. I'll be honest, my open water swimming expereince in the De Soto T1 = 0 time. I've only had it in the pool. I thought it felt less restrictive than a one piece. A lot less restrictive. This might be an individual situation, maybe you have a big, burly chest or something. The people I know who have done open water in a T1 have reported LESS restriction than with a one piece suit.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto T1 wetsuit review up now. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody, cerveloguy I think, mentioned De Soto's excellent customer service. I agree. We sold a bunch of suits over the weekend and I just placed a reorder. They were telling me it will go out today or tomorrow! The first order arrived earlier than they said. I'm impressed with their service so far. Very good.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto T1 wetsuit review up now. [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't fit in a T1 top either. I tried one at wildflower last year; the top size that allowed my shoulders to fit was so big in the neck that I was continuously scooping water with it. The guy running the demonstration basically said that the wetsuit wouldn't work for me. I do have a history of wetsuit fit problems- I'm bigger in the upper body than most triathletes, and I have the world's thinnest neck and head. But until the T1 comes with some kind of adjustable neck I'm sticking with a standard suit. I did manage to lose some upper body muscle this winter, so I'm hoping to try the 2-piece again at Wildflower this year.

Remember- Fit is important in wetsuits as well as bicycles. No single suit is going to be the best choice for everyone!

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto T1 wetsuit review up now. [jeffm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffm makes an excellent point. There is no one brand of wetsuit that is perfect for every customer who comes through our door. Some brands have a ton of sizes. That's a big advantage for the hard to fit people who are off the size chart. -And, jeffm's point: Fit is most important.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto T1 wetsuit review up now. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Dan's T1 review awhile back, he suggested buying a T1 top with a Dos bibjohn. Has anyone tried this? If there really is not noticeable difference between the T1 and Dos/Tres bibjohn, then the $50 price difference would be nice for my already tight budget.

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Quote Reply

Prev Next