Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone know if IM registrations are transferrable?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know?

"Gravedigger, when you dig my grave could you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain."
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know if IM registrations are transferrable? [IronWannaBe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are not.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know if IM registrations are transferrable? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can't be transferred because if they could be IRONMAN wouldn't be able to rip you off when you get injured, and that would be unfair, wouldn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know if IM registrations are transferrable? [mouton noir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen!

And in some cases you wouldn't have to give them your money a year in advance to collect interest (for them).

I'm on the rag about this subject right now, having just withdrawn from TWO Ironmans over the next three months.

To be fair, allowing transfers would introduce a ton of administrative nightmares, and given the popularity of some races, like all the IMNA events, could even lead to scalping. But I sure wish they'd adopt a waiting list system. Instead of setting a firm deadline for refunds far in advance of the race, they could refund everything but a nominal service charge, provided there is someone on the waiting list prepared to take up the race slot and pay the full entry fee.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know if IM registrations are transferrable? [itchyghost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is the advantage of racing IM that do not fill up. they offer refunds.
IMAustria, Lanzarote, Brazil, France (same org. as IMAustria) do offer refunds until very soon before the race (like 2-3 weeks).

We actually discussed this issue with friends some weeks back...how about having a partial refund, say 75% of the entry until 1 month before, and 50% until 2 weeks before.
Then IMNA or any other org. may set up an entry process for the pool of reentered entry slots.
the admin. cost is certainly less than the 25% min they retain.

details need to be discussed for sure, but such a process is doable, those injured will not lose all their money, those who couldn't enter could, and IMNA or WTC would make more money...
Quote Reply