Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dan Rather wants to be the first to tell you the truth...
Quote | Reply
From Dan's interview with Kurtz today in the Washington Compost:

"If the documents are not what we were led to believe, I'd like to break that story. Any time I'm wrong, I want to be right out front and say, 'Folks, this is what went wrong and how it went wrong.' "

Um...Dan? The forged memo story broke last Wednesday night...about 2 minutes after you CBiaS dumbasses posted them!! You were scooped by the jammie brigade you fucking idiot!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Last edited by: Cousin Elwood: Sep 16, 04 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Rather wants to be the first to tell you the truth... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Drudge:

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,'(Funny statement. Is he saying people may be right to see them as Anti-Bush?) which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.

http://www.drudgereport.com/cbsd3.htm

Sucks to be Dan (and CBS News) about now.
Last edited by: 5280: Sep 16, 04 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Rather wants to be the first to tell you the truth... [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It kills me that ratings have anything to do with this. Whether you're liberal or conservative, what kind of news organization doesn't check their facts, and then, when those facts are questioned, makes no effort to find out what happened and get the true story out? If this were the Enquirer, I wouldn't be surprised, but this is supposed to be a reputable news agency. and what kind of news director focuses his comments on his disappointment in the ratings instead of his dedication to getting the story straight?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Rather wants to be the first to tell you the truth... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I heard someone say yesterday that maybe the reason the are holding the line is that as long as they maintain they are true then they are protected but if the admit they made a mistake, that besides looking really stupid, the shield laws that protect sources fall away and they will be forced to reveal who the source was. I hadn't thought about that but it is interesting theory.

I think Dan is playing a dangerous game with his career now and CBS just looks plain silly to me

"Whether you're liberal or conservative, what kind of news organization doesn't check their facts, and then, when those facts are questioned, makes no effort to find out what happened and get the true story out?" Exactly and I hope whoever was responsible for this is fired and doesnt' get another job in journalism.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Rather wants to be the first to tell you the truth... [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sucks to be Dan (and CBS News) about now."

As well it should. It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to be arrogant about it.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply