Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did you watch Dateline?
Quote | Reply
They have the guy who had to cut his own arm off to free himself from a boulder. Amazing... Simply amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you watch Dateline? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This months Outside has an article about it. One bad mother fucker.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you watch Dateline? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think when your arm is rotting and you have a few days left, the choices become clear. I was with him up to cutting the "spaghetti nerves " as the hot pain shot up to his neck, I have done a bit of "surgery " on a few wounds over the years ,but Damn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to watch it, but I couldn't hang in there. His video, plus his descriptions were just too much. Had to bail out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am trying to figure out how someone with so much skill and outdoor knowledge could have been so stupid. I didn't see all of it but in all the stories I have seen on this, no one has asked him about the lapse in judgement that damn near cost him his life.

He caused everyone involved a great deal of stress and heartache that was totally unnecessary. It is common knowledge to even the most newbie outdoorsmen that you try not to travel alone and at the very least tell people where you are going, your route, how long you will be gone etc.

The best part of the story for me is that he has moved on to do all the things he did before and that he continues to live his life doing the things he loves.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you watch Dateline? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw something with this guy where he admitted that he made all the stupid mistakes he always avoided, not letting anyone know where he was going, going alone, etc..

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply