Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CVAC Systems update
Quote | Reply
My apologies to Dan for the pseudo ad, but with the apparent increase in interest of the effects of altitude with training/racing these days, I thought I'd post here some updates for those who have shown some interest in CVAC over the past year.

While there seemed to be some very justifiable skepticism towards the CVAC System in the past (as there should be), one main concern was that there was no 3rd party "testing" done (for some reason, a common prerequisite for us overly data equipped triathletes ;-D ). I did want to now let you know that Stanford University, quite possibly the pre-eminent technology based university in the U.S. has agreed to do testing on/with CVAC. The process has started for them raising money to get a unit built and shipped up there (there are only 4 units, 2 old & 2 new, but they are allocated and being used here in So.Cal, so we need to get another up there).

Also, perhaps anyone with a connection into the U.S. Olympic Training Facility can dig around to find out who would be in charge of looking at it, because I know they have been interested for about 2 years, but I think it is only certain people there...not THE people who can actually make the decision. Of course, if people at any of the international centers for study in sports exercise science have people they think may be interested, please feel free to let me know, I would be happy to contact them and put them in touch with the correct people at CVAC.

So, hopefully, you will have your studies being generated in a short amount of time from a very well respected research group. In the meanwhile, for those who would like to check out what CVAC is all about, feel free to check out the website at www.cvacsystems.com (although I'm in the process of redesigning it, so don't shoot me for it looking a bit cluttered lately ;-).

For those in So.Cal, you have the option of stopping by either the Costa Mesa or San Diego "pod" to check it out for yourself (and perhaps I'll be leading some people over to Bicyclewarehouse in San Diego after the Cali 1/2 on Saturday to help people recover and be ready to train again on Monday ;-)

Of course, if you have any questions, you are always welcome to email me at craigzilla02@yahoo.com. Otherwise, I'll just give you some major updates as they occur (right now, we are still waiting for some major sports teams to pull the trigger and buy some pods...it's definitely getting interesting ;-D

~ Craig Preston, CVAC Systems webmaster and advocate, and extremely average triathlete ;-)

P.S.- anyone interested in purchasing an oxygen tent please let me know. I know a guy who uses CVAC now and is selling his tent and all the upgraded equipment that he bought with it (I believe it covers a queen size bed). Probably about $8,000 worth of stuff you could probably get for 1/2 of that or less if we asked him nicely ;-)
Quote Reply