Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rack for Softride?
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to figure out the best way to put my Softride Rocket TT in my car rack. I asked SR about it and they said that I should never hang the bike by the beam. As a result, I definately can't use my usual Yakima receiver hitch rack.

What type of rack system do other Softride owners use? I know I can always put it inside the vehicle, but when I drive 1,500 miles to IM CDA, I'll have plenty of other stuff (including my wife & daughter) taking up that space.

thanks in advance for your advice

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: Rack for Softride? [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the SportWorks Mod hitch rack. Bike is held in by the wheels. It is the same rack you see on the front of city busses. Works great. You can get it from REI.com. The other plus is that the end of the rack can be used as an additional 2" reciever, so you can plug your other rack into this one.

Mike P

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: Rack for Softride? [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Performance has a rack that uses a fork mount system.
Quote Reply
Re: Rack for Softride? [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry,

I have a rocket tt. I use a graber adapter bar. http://www.graberproducts.com/...e%3DRelated+Products

I have not had any problems traveling with my Softride in this maner. I use my trunk mounted rack along with this adapter bar. My beam setting has not changed. I think a person would be fine until a better rack could be purchased. Long term I would like a different rack. I have seen racks that use the rim of the wheels to hang the bike. I think it is called a rim roc. check performance. Also most of the bike rack makers have a tray type rack that the wheels sit in like the yakima above car rack.

I have traveled as much as 300 miles 3 or 4 times.

ShaRRky
Quote Reply
Re: Rack for Softride? [TRex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for your suggestions.

I pointed out to Softride that I think it's funny that their line of car racks don't work for their bikes. The response I got was something like this: "It's true that our racks don't work for our bikes, but you shouldn't put your expensive Softride on the rear of your vehicle anyway."
Quote Reply