Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

premenstrual bloating
Quote | Reply
Supposing you are doing a long training day or a race and you're kind of bloated up as a premenstrual symptom.

How might you adjust your water and/or electrolyte intake based on the fact that you're bloated? You're already retaining too much water, right? So what does that mean? Take fewer electrolytes?

thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: premenstrual bloating [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually just stick to the same hydration/nutrition plan I always use. The bloating eventually goes away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think taking extra vitamin B5 or B6 is meant to help with bloating too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stay to the same plan. I know the bloating will be gone in a couple days. I just think about how much faster I will be when the bloating is gone. It really stinks when you bloat before a race. That extra 5-10 lbs is a pain to carry on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the exercise helps with reducing the bloating actually. My favourite workout when I feel Aunt Flo coming along is a nice LSD run, like 2hrs with a few walk breaks. Usually scares the jeebus out of her LOL. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
honey, i blow up like Violet Beauregard in the Willy Wonka movie a few days before the old period. i swear i can hear the OmphaLoompas singing on their way to come get me to get squeezed before I explode.

i've never even though about changing my intake for training. a few days after, i shrink back to normal size. i do notice that i product more salt (white streaks on my clothes) after long rides durin the period, even though i try to cut back on sodium intake about a week before.
Quote Reply