Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fit at Austin Tri Cyclist ?
Quote | Reply
I live in Houston and am self fit using info from this forum, Dan's pages, articles from Cobb, etc. Also, I'm on a cheap Trek road bike that I have converted for tri. A new bike is not in the picture until at least fall.

I'll be traveling to Austin in 2 weeks and had 2 questions.

First, do you think it would do me any good to get a professional fitting? I don't relish throwing away a couple hundred $ and time to get a fitting from someone who knows less than I do. I have no experience with a good LBS so I'm pretty wary of them all.

Second, does anyone have any experience with Austin Tri Cyclist? Do they know how to fit someone correctly? For that matter, since I live in Houston does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to get a really good fit?
Quote Reply
Re: fit at Austin Tri Cyclist ? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Bikesport in Houston? They are near the Compaq Center and used to do quite a bit of tri-specific bikes, etc.

If you are coming to Austin, you should check out the guys at ATC, but also give Zane Castro a call. Zane is one of the more respected bike fitters in the Austin area and has numerous satisifed customers. Email me for contact info.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: fit at Austin Tri Cyclist ? [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom;
I live in Houston and concur about Jeff at Bikesport. Also I have used a guy named Bruce Gilbert who is passionate about bike fit and is located in Houston as well. The folks at at Austin are first class folks but there are some good resources in Houston. Email me if you need more info

Good Luck

fal7
Quote Reply
Re: bike fit in Houston [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so can anyone else give me suggestions on getting a bike fit in Houston? Can anyone else recommend Bike Sport or these other two guys?

Thanks
Quote Reply