Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

nike air kukini
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the new tri-specific running shoe from Nike? It looks pretty nice, but I can't tell if I would like the velcro closure. Any other recommendations for tri running shoes? (currently I'm using '96 Asics DS trainers with elastic laces).
Quote Reply
Re: nike air kukini [chester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have a link for pictures of the shoes?

I was looking at a pair of the old style kukini (do they spell it the same?) with the mesh in a store this weekend, I wish my running style wasn't so bad, they were really light and comfortable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a review at

www.triathlete.com/art.asp?3=148
Quote Reply
Re: nike air kukini [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The xtri.com site also did a review. Apparently they can be very leaky if the pavement is wet; check out the light shining right through the lug-like bottoms:
http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=893
Last edited by: tripoet: Apr 2, 03 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: nike air kukini [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pair for about 9 months. They held up great for about 6 months. When they started to break down it was noticeable. Other than that, they are very comfortable and of course, fast on/off. I probably wouldn't recommend them for anyone over 160 or so lbs. Used them for racing and training w/no socks (they are pretty comfortable with no socks). I hope this helps, if not I have at least entertained myself for a few minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tried samples out back in December and they were cool but didn't really seem like a race shoe. I know Triathlete magazine gave then a thumbs up as a race shoe but the shoe is just too damn soft and flexible. You can practically fold it up. It does have good drainage and decent cushioning but personally I'd rather have a more responsive ride as the softness takes away some of your speed. Also if you need ANY arch or pronation support skip it. The velcro was cool but easy laces or any other quick lace system would be faster. They have another full mesh upper shoe that I looked at but didn't try on which might be a bit better. Don't think it's shipping yet but look for the new Zoom Spiridon (yup same name as that cool shoe from a few years back). That or the Zoom Elite shipping soon too. Me, I like my Saucony Azuras and Asics Magic racers.
Quote Reply
Re: nike air kukini [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be receiving my first pair this Thursday April 3, 2003 afternoon!!! Will run in them on Friday!!!
Quote Reply
Re: nike air kukini [Heisler226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a pair last night at the local running store. Can't wait to try them out.
Quote Reply