Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Erratic Heart rate readings
Quote | Reply
I know they aren't out of the ordinary, but can anyone explain or empathize with my getting erratic heart rate readings? I will be completely warmed up on my Computrainer and have it's monitor clipped on my ear and set to do an aerobic time trail. I'll start out in the 90s when I'm clearly at or above my threshold. (I usually wait and spin awhile and wait to get my bpm to threshold and then press start, but I get sick of waiting and go anyways.) So I'll work like a dog out of desparation to get my rate to threshold, take the clip off for a minute or two because I hate hearing the beeping and then when I put it back on I'll be at 180 and I have to listen to that dang thing beep again! The whole time I check my HR manually and it's going at 130-140 like it should. And it's almost a taunting kind of beep! Why now!!!! I rested up for my ATT like a good boy and am working hard to go at the right pace and this million dollar piece of equipment just sits there and can't do it's job!? For all that is holy!

Does anyone have an explanation for this? This even happens with my Polar. I understand this can happen with being around electrical wires, but if anything, can you share in my frustration? Can you at least say I'm not the only one?

Help me, Slowtwitch-kenobi. You're my only hope.
Last edited by: bosco: Apr 2, 03 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Erratic Heart rate readings [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have the same thing with a Nike, so I switched it. Same thing happened again, readings of 240, then one day while sitting still my HR went through the roof, it happened a couple more times, went to the ER and tuns out it was PSVT.

Electrical signals interfered with both my Nike's and the polar I use now although I have found the Polar more consistent and apparently less affected by interferance.
Quote Reply