Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bike bringing for me, no time. Hubby isn't coming, he's done his official IM duty for the year so it will be just me, which is more than enough, I assure you :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No hubby with me either. Looking forward to meeting QRBoy (tee-hee) and all of the womens. Thanks for the warning on the gigantic phone bill (and the texting workaround from cuds) I was wondering about that.

Sounds like this is going to be a fun weekend!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Texting works for me. I think I pay a little to text up there but its cheaper than the $150 phone bill I had last time I was up there.

Also, QRGirl, are you guys going to spectate on your bikes? I should maybe hook you up with my little sister if you are going to. She's going to watch the swim start, ride out to McClean Creek and watch from there, ride backwards on the course back into town for breakfast, and then ride backwards on the course up that nice 10+ mile climb to Yellow lake to spectate from up there before coming back into town. I did it like that last year and it was fun spectating and made for a 50+ mile training day.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooooh, ya you should all do that! The more support we (I! lol) get out there the better! :)

Quote | Reply
by the way, while i have you ladies here, anyone want to swim at Madrona with me tonight? maybe 2000m?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds fun, I'm jealous! My husband is busy that weekend so I am tempted to join...

Is anyone thinking about Black Diamond? I am thinking about doing the sprint there and would like to hook up.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably going to do the sprint depending on how I'm recovered from IMC. I've done either the oly or the half every year since i started racing and thought I would give the sprint a shot this year.

either way, i'll definitely be there since my little sister is doing the Oly (her first!) and my mom's doing the Du!

Also, Erika, are you the one who donated that really warm Oregon Triathlon hoodie at the Heart of the Valley Triathlon? If you are, I was the winner there and got the sweatshirt. I really love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jess, yes I did donate the hoodie and congratulations to you for winning that day! That bike course isn't easy! Sounds like you will be at BD too so we just need to round up some more women for a good get together. Good luck at Canada!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about Black Diamond, I just need to actually start getting some training before I commit to a race distance. I'm definitely in favor of Womens get-together in any case!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if we'll ride out or not. QRboy would probably love to do that, it kind of depends on what volunteer slot we get.

Michelle, I'm signing up RIGHT NOW for volunteering. I'll e-mail you with what I choose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erika... you're coming to IMC. That's it, that's all. That's the only way you're going to get a picture of me in my new visors!! haha. Speaking of which, I owe you an e-mail (gotta do that when I get home!).

But anyways, you're coming up. You'd be stupid not to ;)

Quote | Reply
I just checked my ATT wireless and I still have a 3.99 monthly unlimited to Canada plan that will be much cheaper than the cost of each call. Keep it for only a month just to cover the trip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay...i realize i'm a day late and a dollar short here (one of those weeks!) but i actually showed up at src on sunday. but it was at 11:20 and there was no sign of you and michelle - bummer! i did notice that it looked like they were between seasons and there wasn't alot to look at so figured you guys cut out early! next meet-up i'll have my act together.

i'm on verizon and have done the canada plan for the month of august for the last few years and it works great. i think it's $4.99 and then i just cancel when i get back. we're heading to kelowna on saturday and staying up there for the week (yay!) we'll drive down to penticton on sunday morning so i'll miss the saturday get together but maybe we'll spot each other out of the course on race day.

re black diamond: i'm in for the half iron but i think that's on saturday with the sprint and oly on sunday. anyone doing subuaru or kirkland?

halliet
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [halliet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Hallie!

Sorry we missed you on Sunday! We should arrange to meet up at IMC - QRGirl and I are volunteering, but I don't know doing what yet. I'm also planning on Black Diamond, but haven't decided if I'm going to do the Half or the Oly - we'll see if I can get my training back on track... Even if I don't race the Half, I'll come out and cheer you on!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if I can get a little help from the Seattle-area Womens. I'm flying into Bellingham for job interview on 8/20, and they asked me to "stay for the weekend, check out Bellingham!" I'd feel guilty leaving on Friday, but on Saturday I have a 4 hr hilly bike ride on my schedule (last longish ride before IMWI taper). I had planned on going out to Madison and biking part of the course.

I'm thinking of bringing my bike out with me and enjoying the local biking scene. Does anyone know of any good routes, or point me to some maps online? Are there any local bike groups that have a Saturday ride (and are triathlete-friendly) that I could hook up with?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try calling Fairhaven Runner's. http://www.fairhavenrunners.com/about/contact.asp
At worst they will be able to point you in the direction of people who will know that area well, but I'm pretty sure they do have some triathletes in the store.

Quote | Reply
we should definintely catch up at IMC. keep me posted on your volunteer assignments. hmmmm...does this mean you're registering for next year?

yay on black diamond. that would be cool if you did the half but i totally understand about the training. i did the sprint last year and it was way too fun. either way it'll be great to see you!!

halliet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am indeed! (EEEEK!!!)

M

Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michelle!!! That's awesome! I'm already making plans to come up and cheer you on:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay, that's so sweet of you! QRGirl is also signing up, so you'll have at least two people to cheer for...

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so bummed I missed this!! My husband (shawnf) and I just moved to Seattle from Colorado last weekend. We live in S Lake Union and would love to meet up sometime. He'll be at the nuun booth at the Danskin triathlon expo on Saturday, you should go by and make fun of him ; ) j/k. We're also going to IMC, I'm racing. I look forward to meeting everyone : )

~T-Racer~
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [T-Racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Seattle! I'm sure there will be many more brunch/meet up opportunities. Looking forward to meeting you up at IMC!

M

Quote Reply

Prev Next