Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

post hysterectomy
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am new here, my friend to me about Slowtwitch during our long run this morning. My question is for anyone who has had a hysterectomy at a younger age (I am 41 now). Do you find that it has affected performance or weight gain? I had my hysterectomy a year ago and have been able to get back into training again b/c I don't feel terrible all the time, but I feel SLOW!! I could loose 5-10lbs and I just can't make it happen. I want to know what you ladies do to keep the lbs down and if anyone knows knows what I am talking about. Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: post hysterectomy [akgogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have a full or partial? That might affect the replies you get.
Quote Reply
Re: post hysterectomy [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a total. Thanks for the heads up. I use bio-identical hormones, which are working well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a total hysterectomy 3 years ago and have never felt better. I was always slow, still am, so I can't say it affected by performance. I have actually lost weight, just about 7 pounds. I too am using bio-identical hormones.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi, I am new here, my friend to me about Slowtwitch during our long run this morning. My question is for anyone who has had a hysterectomy at a younger age (I am 41 now). Do you find that it has affected performance or weight gain? I had my hysterectomy a year ago and have been able to get back into training again b/c I don't feel terrible all the time, but I feel SLOW!! I could loose 5-10lbs and I just can't make it happen. I want to know what you ladies do to keep the lbs down and if anyone knows knows what I am talking about. Thanks!!
Howdy.

I'm happy to take this "off the air" i.e. PM, but in general you should have no residual issues. Assuming here you had just a hysterectomy (meaning removal of uterus and NOT ovaries). I do primarily total laparoscopic and supracervical hysterectomies, but even if you had an abdominal hyst I can't imagine any reason for these complaints.

Take care,
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: post hysterectomy [vols fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the hyst club too. And I feel better than I did when I was twenty. I'm under 40, barely, have one ovary, and no hormone therapy. And isn't it nice not to have the monthly visit?

Don't be so easy on yourself 'cause this one might be all that you have left
Quote Reply