Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for HR Monitor
Quote | Reply
Bad news: I appear to have lost the wristwatch part of mine.

Good news: That justifies a new toy. I'm would like to have one that calculates max HR and average HR over a specific time range, and tells me how much of that time was spent in various zones (where I enter the zones, which may change over time or from sport to sport because my LTHR is higher when running than biking). For example, if I work out for 30 minutes, I would like to be able to determine how many minutes my heart rate was below 135, how many minutes between 136-150, how many between 151-160, and how many over 160. I can't think of any other features I'm looking for, but if someone has one that does something that knocks their socks off, I would like to hear about it.

Recommendations please
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for HR Monitor [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using a Polar s710i since last fall and love it. It has just about every feature you can imagine, the biggest being the ability to download the data to a PC. The newest version of the Polar Precision Performace software is fantasic. You can create graphs of your HR, speed, altitude, etc. You can set different HR zones and it will graph it for you. The only gripe I have is with the Interval Training. It's great if you are doing straight repeats, x repeats of y with z rest, but you can't do as/descending intervals.
Quote Reply