Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does diet really matter?..... [Jagerstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive found its not calories in/calories out
Ive counted calories and eating 2000 processed ones vs eating good ones makes a HUGE difference in weight management and performance.
Eating healthy tastes awesome! its not too hard to do, but if you are used to getting drive thru, take away and vending machines then it will be hard to switch right away. But it doesnt sound like you want to anyway. It will catch up in the long run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people eat crap and live a fulfilling disease free life(I have 3 grandfathers who can attest to this-and this include smoking), while others work out and eat healthy only to die young. Eating unhealthily increases your RISK of getting abovementioned diseases-it does NOT guarantee that you'll get those diseases.

Am I for unhealthy eating or smoking? No, I believe eating healthy helps-in fact when I binge, I get kinda depressed and sloppy(lose concentration, motivation to work out, etc.). However, I also think that being totally obsessed with eating clean if it bothers you, isn't worthwhile either. So go ahead, eat that piece of brownie if it lifts your mood. Just don't eat the whole frigging cake tray. :P

So to the OP-personally yes, eating healthy helps my performance. I don't drink alcohol or smoke(not b/c I'm a health nut but b/c I dislike either). However, I do like some junk food and eating a small amount of it sometimes lift my mood and help in my performance. Sometimes other crap get into the way and the small amounts increase by too much. :P

First a sliver, then a slice, then a slob!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I disagree...

when it specifically come to how much you weigh it IS about calories in vs calories out...

if you take in more calories than you burn you gain weight...

if you take in less calories than you burn you lose weight...

If I wrote a diet book no one would buy it...because it would have one sentence "Eat less Calories than you burn."

...and when I maitain a lower wieght, I go faster in triathlons...especially running....(biking and swimming? not as much)

people can define "heathy" anyway they want...thats a never ending debate...
Quote Reply
Re: Does diet really matter?..... [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your philosophy on diet is exactly why people think its okay to eat whatever they want as long as they take in less calories than they eat. I go round and round with a friend of mine (non athlete...more of a yoga\pilates person) who eats 1000 cal\day of granola bars and 100cal snack packs and thinks that because she doesn't gain weight she is healthy...can you really tell me that she wouldn't be better off if she ate more veggies\fruit\lean protein and less empty calories? It doesn't matter if you are dieting to lose weight or dieting to impact athletic performance...bottom line is that certain foods are better for your body than others. I believe that the root of the issue is that people want to see immediate results and so the long term consequences of their actions aren't taken into consideration. Sure you hear stories of how a person smoked, ate bacon for breakfast every day and lived to be 90, but how many more people do you think died from cancer or heart disease by doing the same thing? Just because you can get away with eating straight crap all the time doesn't mean that it isn't going to impact you 5, 10, or even 20 years from now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next