Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinervals or other good spin videos
Quote | Reply
i've realized i need to start using the trainer over the winter due to weather and job restrictions. i have the first spinervals tape that came with my cycleops trainer and it's ok. i'm looking for suggestions on some of the other tapes (spinervals or any other brand). i'm training for IM Idaho but i think the trainer will only be for shorter (1 hr) workouts and i can do long/slow on the weekends. also, where is the best place to get them since they are a bit pricey. are there any used ones on the market. thanks for the help.

Quote | Reply
Bill,

Drop me a note at blevyibr@yahoo.com

Berti

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered" -George Best
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals or other good spin videos [billb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have several 'Spinervals' videos and recomend 'Suffer-O-Rama' and 'Time Trial Special'. The 'Mental Toughness' is tough because its boring. The squats in the middle are killer, and in the end you watch as one of the riders tries to kill himself by getting his rate over two hundred. Try these three back to back to back as I once did. I don't know if it helped me any, but it impressed my riding buddies.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the "Time Trial Special" and "Have Mercy!" tapes, and really enjoy both of them. When I (finally) get a tv for the garage, I'll be looking to pick up a few more - specifically "Climb Like a Mountain Goat", and "Suffer-O-Rama". I mean, how could you possibly not want a tape named "Suffer-O-Rama"?!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals or other good spin videos [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Time Trial as well. Is is greta also the hill climb is very good. If you like a different twist try the ride s video by Endurance Films. Once yoy get past the commercials. They take you around Boulder with commentary and various drills using RPE as the determining factor as oppossed to cadence in the Spinerval tapes. It is different and scenic to some degree. Hope this helps.

Frank Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals or other good spin videos [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the main difference between the hill climb and the time trial? I currently own the time trial and was wondering if the hill climb is worth the money? Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals or other good spin videos [Go Heels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the whole series and really enjoyed them last year. What I did is early in the season I set the trainer on lighter resistance 2/5 and then did them all from start to finish (including have mercey and mental toughness) then set the trainer at 3/5 and did it again. It was quite tough but really helped my cycling.

The only caution I have is not to start these too early in the season as they are almost all threashold or better workouts so you need to respect the base training phase a bit befor you start doing these exclusivly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uphill grind is well worth it. troy pushes the hard gears through several 4 minute climbs and then lets you spin down for the last minute. good workout IMO. my other three are the 'zoot challenge'--much harder than i thought, 'mental toughness'--good 90 minute workout, and 'sufferorama'--this is so-so.

for what it's worth, i just purchased a replaytv and have the ability to stream videos to anyone else that has one. i'd be more than happy to swap spinervals. drop me an email or reply to this thread if by chance you have a replaytv 5000 series.
Quote Reply