Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Artificial hormone withdrawl?
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies

After being on the pill for 21 years I decided I'd had enough of artificial hormones in my system and got a copper IUD instead. I'm curious as to whether the body goes through withdrawl when going off the pill. I've been headachy, bloated and really grouchy. This also may be a case of going thru PMS for the first time as I've always been on the pill which avoids those fluxuations.

So, has anyone else gone off the pill and experienced some sort of "withdrawl?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Artificial hormone withdrawl? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I just recently started on the pill again and am feeling pretty good. I think I was kind of crabby/grouchy the last time I went off of it, but I was also in a realtionship that was dying, so who knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went off the pill a few months ago for the first time in years and actually loved it. My husband even noticed that i was a nicer and more well-balanced person for 3/4 of the month. That last quarter of the month I was definitely a little more PMSy/bloated/headachy but I really loved how I felt the rest of the month and didn't notice any other considerable withdrawl symptoms.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it has taken me about 18 months to "normalize" after years and years of BCP. there is a definite percentage of women who experience withdrawl after going off hormones. i couldn't get my doctor to discuss it, but through doing my own research, i found out i was not alone. and neither are you.
Quote Reply
Re: Artificial hormone withdrawl? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it has taken me about 18 months to "normalize" after years and years of BCP. there is a definite percentage of women who experience withdrawl after going off hormones. i couldn't get my doctor to discuss it, but through doing my own research, i found out i was not alone. and neither are you[/quote] +1

Quote | Reply
You girls rock. I'll do some research and get some info so I'll have an idea of what to expect. It is a relief to know it isn't in my head.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timely post, I am about to go off BCP, started when 16, am now 36 so aside from a 2yr break to have K, it's been a steady slog. I am secretly hoping my explosive rage problem goes away ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there are very wide variations in the hormone doses of the pill. I presume the withdrawls would depend on the pill type. If I recall Orthotricycline has high doses while Yasmin is lower?
Quote Reply
Re: Artificial hormone withdrawl? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a low grade migrain for 4 days now due to my first real monthly cycle in years. I've been on low dose pills because when I was on the normal pills I would get migraines on my off weeks. Now I get to go through that again. I'm hoping this will a smooth out because I'm in hell right now.

Of course, this did give me an excuse to get a massage but unfortunately the headache didn't go away. But, the MT was really hot and I'm pretty sure he was gay which was even better.

Jen

Quote Reply