Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kerry vs Bush, The Real Argument
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry vs Bush, The Real Argument [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't fuck with the the Special Olympics.

So that would make you... 12 years old? Younger? Those kids have more love for life than you could ever dream of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, read my "delicious irony" thread - These people have no sense of humor.

BTW, nice post!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WORD!!!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry vs Bush, The Real Argument [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dude, read my "delicious irony" thread - These people have no sense of humor.

BTW, nice post!

Not quite true, Cousin Elwood, I had a lot of laughs while discussing with you in your "delicious irony" thread. If you had laughed more about yourself we both would have laughed about the same thing :-))

---------------
If you ever want to know what an "eggman" is, then simply click here....http://www.emu5.de
Quote Reply
Re: Kerry vs Bush, The Real Argument [think-or-thwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having trouble telling whether you're yanking my chain on the global warming issue or just having a grand laugh. If we were discussing it face to face, I could hear your inflections. A lot of what you posted seemed like it was tongue in cheek, or at least should have been, 'cuz it was downright silly, but I didn't see any ;o) or č^é or even (___|___) to so indicate. It's hard to tell when you don't really know someone, and most of the proponents of global warming theory are pretty humorless.

I always like to underscore the humorous intent of joke posts by closing with the groucho

¦:o)/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/boese/wippe.gif[/img]

---------------
If you ever want to know what an "eggman" is, then simply click here....http://www.emu5.de
Last edited by: think-or-thwim: Aug 30, 04 23:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll see that and raise you...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised Cousin Elwood, we have found a mutual level of understanding! Like I always say: never give up hope!

---------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm surprised Cousin Elwood, we have found a mutual level of understanding!"
- - Hey, you're a triathlete. How bad can you be?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can be really BAD if I want to. But I don't think wolfwoods initial post is bad, I think it's just tasteless.

---------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I don't think wolfwoods initial post is bad, I think it's just tasteless."

Shit, I grew up with Amos 'n' Andy. Someone using a picture of a retarded kid to make fun of Internet debate is insensitive and perhaps in poor taste, but it made me laugh. So does this:
But then I'm a bad guy, just ask the global warming crowd...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one is cruel and bad and sarcastic..made me laugh though, but just because I'm highly allergic to cats.....

---------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does your previous post allow me to answer for you?

---------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know what happened, but my Internet connection has been cutting off with some regularity lately. Must be Global Internet Buggering...
I just shared a brief story about the terror of transporting a cat to the vets without a carrier.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't they afford the carrier for $16.49 ?

---------------
Last edited by: think-or-thwim: Sep 1, 04 9:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Couldn't they afford the carrier for $16.49 ?"

Nah, it was a neighborhood moocher cat and he was looking bad for several days. No one ever claimed him, even after we got him back to health. He was ours after that.

Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Tabby Tote at the time...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Tabby Tote at the time...[/reply]

I know the worst anyone can do is to ask someone to explain the joke (if it is a joke at all) but sorry, Cousin Elwood, I am trying to understand it with my very limited knowledge of the English language....what does "Tabby Tote" mean? Or is just another expression for the cat carrier?

---------------
Last edited by: think-or-thwim: Sep 2, 04 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tabby Tote® is the name of the device for carrying the cat.

For a guy who claims to have "limited knowledge" of English, you write extremely well. I would never have guessed it wasn't your first language.

One more cool thing about ST: interfacing with triathletes from all over the world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In fact, Cousin Elwood, I am trying to simplify, as soon as language here comes up to a higher level, I have trouble understanding, or when too many new slangwords come in, I have to admit. Thanks anyway !

I've learned to speak English at the age of 8-11 in Phoenix, AZ as my father was stationed in Luke AFB at that time. I also went to American school there and started competitive swimming with nthe age of 8 at the Litchfield Lagartos /western suburbia of Phx (anyone know the club...? if so....just wanted to mention that I loved my time with the club.....) That was in the 70s. Coming back to Germany I did my best not to forget, mainly read English books...School English didn't help much. I had to learn all the Grammar rules, which only mixed me up....

I am now married to an Aussie girl and also spent a year in Oz.

If you heard me speak, you proabably wounldn't recognize ANY German accent...you know, zze way Shermans speak zze english.....but once I am in Oz, people ask me if I am American....being in the US, people ask me if I am Australian :-))))

It sometimes confuses me to decide whether I should write "color" or "colour", or "neighbour" or "neighbor", "flavor" or "flavour", or whether I should use the word "barbecue" or "barbi" ., "TV" or "telli"...or "rubbish" or "garbage", "baggage" or "luggage", or "fu**ing" or "bloody" (better not any of those 2, if it is avoidable :-) ....and especially the pronunciation of the word "tomato" in either Auistralian or American...that is a hard one!

I like it too, the internationalism on this board. While the US and Canada are something between 6 to 9 hours behind us, the Aussies at the southeast coast /Sydney/ Melbourne are 8 hours ahead....so we go all around the globe...if that doesn't warm up global atmosphere!? HA!

---------------
Last edited by: think-or-thwim: Sep 4, 04 3:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"when too many new slangwords come in, I have to admit."
- - That's a problem for all of us; they keep inventing new ones. Then you go international and it's impossible to keep up. I do like learning foreign (English, Aussie, Kiwi) slang. One of the girls who trained with me last year was from NZ. On one ride, I helped fix a flat and then rode back up through the group. I stopped to chat with her, and then took off to catch someone else. When we got back we were all sitting around talking and she said, "...he just left me for dead..." a phrase I found hillarious and have used since whenever possible. Apparently it's common parlance down there.

"School English didn't help much. I had to learn all the Grammar rules, which only mixed me up..."
- - That's what happened to me trying to study French and Spanish in school. Then I never had use for them, so I never made any progress. I regret that

"I am now married to an Aussie girl and also spent a year in Oz."
- - One of the few countries I'd like to visit.

"If you heard me speak, you proabably wounldn't recognize ANY German accent...you know, zze way Shermans speak zze english.....but once I am in Oz, people ask me if I am American....being in the US, people ask me if I am Australian :-))))"
- - Accents are a funny thing. Being raised in California, I speak English virtually without an accent. But when I lived in Baltimore (where people generally speak with a very crude accent) people used to comment on my accent.

"whether I should use the word "barbecue" or "barbi" ., "TV" or "telli"...or "rubbish" or "garbage", "baggage" or "luggage", or "fu**ing" or "bloody" (better not any of those 2, if it is avoidable :-) ....and especially the pronunciation of the word "tomato" in either Auistralian or American...that is a hard one!"
- - Good on ya to be able to communicate so well in so many places. The difference in colloquialisms is daunting, because you really can't look them up anywhere.

"I like it too, the internationalism on this board. While the US and Canada are something between 6 to 9 hours behind us, the Aussies at the southeast coast /Sydney/ Melbourne are 8 hours ahead..."
- - We here in America don't believe that ANYONE is ahead of us!

"if that doesn't warm up global atmosphere!? HA!"
- - True enough, because so many of the discussions here offer more heat than light.

Quote Reply