Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey BillT, Wheeler question
Quote | Reply
Bill, how do you like the Wheeler so far? I'm going to have to replace my Tsunami quickly, and was thinking about getting the Wheeler Ti frame. Any issues/problems? Ride quality? The web site has just the natural silver color, but I remember you saying it came to you in red? With decals on it or just paint?

Thanks,

Chris

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Hey BillT, Wheeler question [chris in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not BillT nor do I have any relevant info on the Wheeler Ti bike. However, I bought a Wheeler Aluminum T-63 Tri bike from Chucks. I can honestly say i have been impressed! The frame is of very good quality and rides well. I have put several 5 hour rides in on it in the past month or so and I love the bike. If their Ti frame is of similar quality you would be well served.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a red one but have not built it up and ridden it yet. It looks very nice and I'm just waiting on a new bottom bracket and headset that I ordered (not from Chuck) that seems to be taking way too long. I can't wait to get it ready to ride. The red is not available on every size (mine is a 56) and I think that Chuck said the smaller sizes were the natural ti. It is the first time that I've ever ordered anything bike related over the internet and I was impressed with the service and the product that I received.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey BillT, Wheeler question [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chuck offered to let me change to the Ti frame for a very small difference in cost, so I'm trying to contact him this morning (darn time zone thing) since he's going to ship the frame today. Thanks very much for the feedback to both of you.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Hey BillT, Wheeler question [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Allan, what are those two things (braze-ons?) on the back of the seat tube?

P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I'm so late replying. I am very pleased so far, but I don't have a lot of miles on it yet. Nothing wrong that I can find and Chuck seems like a square dealer.

BTW, the frame is painted red and has Wheeler decals.
Quote Reply