Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A sad day for HRM Bunnyman....
Quote | Reply
I was shocked to read about this, and I am sure that HRM Bunnyman will be outraged. Unfortunately this isn't a joke :-( (nor is it meant to be)

08/13/04 - New Orleans Newspaper Times-Picayune

A Metairie man accused of keeping 29 rabbits in inhumane conditions in his back yard has been banned from ever owning bunnies again, court records show.

That was part of the penalty handed down Monday in Jefferson's 1st Parish Court to Richard Langenstein after he pleaded guilty to cruelty to animals. Judge George Giacobbe also fined Langenstein $100 and ordered him to pay $178.50 in court fees, records show.

Langenstein originally faced 14 counts of cruelty to animals. Giacobbe dismissed all but one count.

Jeff Dorson, regional director of the Humane Society of Louisiana, expressed satisfaction Thursday with the ban on rabbit ownership, "although we thought that the judge imposed a very light sentence in this case."

Langenstein had no comment.

In October, animal control officers and volunteers took 29 sickly rabbits from the back yard of Langenstein's home on Labarre Drive.

The rabbits had been confined to individual metal cages under a shelter. The cages were filthy, and live rats, or their carcasses, were found on the wires, authorities said. Some rabbits had sores on their paws from the metal mesh. Their drinking water had turned dark green or orange.

Almost half the rabbits were so ill from eye infections and pneumonia that they were euthanized. The rest were taken by a Humane Society member to rabbit sanctuaries in Maryland and Maine.
Quote Reply
I am shocked, shocked I tell you.... [TooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shocked and appalled. The man should be bunny-whipped...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: A sad day for HRM Bunnyman.... [TooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That dude better hope I never see him on the street.
Quote Reply