Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What IM should I do in 2010? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like in order to guarentee entry into CdA, Canada or Lake Placid, you need to be there. As far as Louisville, Wisconsin or Arizona, who knows.

Lesson is to pay close attention to whichever race you choose to find out whether you need to be there in person or if you can register online. It is changing by the minute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: What IM should I do in 2010? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am definitely more likely to choose one that I can register for online... so, I guess that limits me.

Has anyone done Louisville?

Thoughts on that race? Is it an NA Sports event, 'cause it's not on their site... not sure if that matters in the grand scheme...
Quote Reply
Re: What IM should I do in 2010? [dupeetriclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did IM lou last year, I also live in L'ville. Over all I felt it was a great event- well organized, aid stations well stocked, volunteers were great, very nice venue. All of the participants I spoke with had a great time. The swim was a time trial start mainly because of several days of rain caused the river to have more current. Usually in august, the river is so clam it looks like a lake. THe TT start went of so well that they are going to do it again this year. The bike course was scenic (mostly through Ky horse farms) rolling hills, fairly challenging- no killer climbs, though. The run is essentially a two loop flat course through downtown, very viewer friendly, and finishes at 4th Street Live! - a roofed stretch of downtown with restaurants and bars. Very cool finish. I couldn't get over how loud it was due to being partly enclosed. Lots of hotels downtown near the finish. Oh, and I should mention, it gets really humid here in august. Expect temps in the 90's with high humidity.

Is it an NA Sports event, 'cause it's not on their site.

It's put on by WTC. here's a link

http://ironman.com/louisville

Quote Reply
Re: What IM should I do in 2010? [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good review! Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next