Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Retirement anywhere! Best choices
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the Florida input. Let's broaden the scope and presume any U.S. locale is an option. Where would the ideal Triathlon retirement home be? Or if possible would it be in two locations. Say, Boulder in the summer San Diego in the winter, or whatever utopian scenario could it be. Flagstaff/San Luis Obipspo? Burlington/Tampa? Bend Ore./Del Mar Ca.? Sun Valley Id./Kona. All of these are being done by people. Lucky dogs!
Quote Reply
Re: Retirement anywhere! Best choices [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personal preferences:

Boulder

Flagstaff

New Mexico

Anywhere with a desert climate at high altitude.

Boulder works for me because of great facilities, good riding and 300 sunny days a year. I have ridden outside almost every week all winter other than the last 2 when i was sick and we got dumped on. 40 inches of snow last Tuesday / Wed and it is almost completely gone.

Boulder also offers access to Denver and other activities I enjoy.

Long term though it seems to be getting way overdeveloped and I am thinking NM, TX or AZ is where to head so long as it is dry and sunny and at alt. Good access to skiing is also a bonus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hawaii. You can work out, outside, 365 days a year and you are never alone as a huge percentage of the population does this kind of stuff.

Oahu if you need some culture,

Big Island if you need altitude, ability to vary climate, and solitude. One hour flight to Oahu if you need culture occasionally.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a perfect world? New Zealand from November to April. Sonoma County, CA (Vineman country) from May to October.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Mar 28, 03 16:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona, Hawaii. With a summer (winter) home in New Zealand to go skiing in July for that mid-season break!
Quote Reply