Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Complaints about PCs?
Quote | Reply
1. It is very hard to fart. And one of my favorite people, Ben Franklin, said “Fart proudly”. You can not fart proudly with PCs.

2. I do not buy in to the suggestion that when we were children riding tricycles and using the old style pedals that we obtained a neurological imprint that impedes our pedal stroke when using clip ins. Since I haven’t been on a bike in some 30 years that had to be one hell of an imprint. A more likely factor is that homo erectus evolved a bipedal musclature that emphazised running and climbing. The pedal stroke I am now learning was not selected for by evolution. Now if bikers someday dominate the planet, maybe that will change over the next 100,000 years. Perhaps, Francois will be an ancestor of the Adam of Homo cyclian.
Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Complaints about PCs? [Oldaveguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same complaint. (re: farting) The PC's put so much pressure on the buttocks, squeezing them together most of the time, that if one has the seat up to high, preventing a little pressure relief, one will come back from a long ride looking like the Michelin man.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Complaints about PCs? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, in my one ride outside, I found it easy to pass gas going down hill; but that opportunity does not arise when you are on a CT.
BTW, for my one trip outdoors, I took one of my favorite 15 mi each-way rides. Its pretty hilly and net down hill going out. Last year my best ride averaged 17 mph going out and 14 coming back. I am a very weak climber. So this is my very first time outside on PCs AND I average 18 mph going out and 17.4 mph coming back. You should have seen the smile on my face. I am learning how to climb. Also, I know my max speed on the decents from last year. With the PCs and both legs dropped, my maxes were either the same or a little higher. So I am not convinced that I am less airo with the PCs. I suspect the drag due to my two legs down has increased but my upper body is real nice and low, probably decreasing drag. But this was just one ride.
Bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe those two legs down are shading the rear wheel. Save on a disk, buy PC's :-)

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, no, no! Your aeroness is indeed hampered by your two leg down position...but, the gas passing while going downhill makes up for your lack of aero positioning yielding a net effect of a very slight increase in speed.

There have been several double-blind, duck-blind, venetian blind, Helen Keller School-for-the-blind longitudinal, latitudinal, sagital plane, rain in Spain on the plains pier review (yes, I meant pier...as in fishing pier) studies that show this to be the case. It's obvious, really.

What many find impossible to believe is that you actually have sped up on your return up the hill...that claim is simply anecdotal Kooky-talk!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Complaints about PCs? [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe that is the explanation for the improved climbing ability with PC's. All that pent up potential energy that is mostly directed down that can be released when one comes out of the saddle. Increased pedaling power my foot. Not a PCer is arguing the wrong point as to what is wrong the the analysis of the PC results.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply