Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman: Coach Listing
Quote | Reply
Slowman-

How about a Coach Listing, like you do for bike shops? There are an awful lot of coaching inquiries in the forum. It seems to me that this points to an unfulfilled need. You could even have Board Members add testimonials to the listing. Anyhow, it was just a thought.

Thanks

Litherland
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Coach Listing [litherland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i used to have that, years ago. too hard to keep track of. i have a database of about 150 coaches in the U.S., and i suppose i could publish it, but i wouldn't be able to profile them like i do shops.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Coach Listing [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rather than you commenting, maybe you could have clients comment on the coaches that are listed. But that may get a little dicey. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Coach Listing [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, How about this for maintaining a coaching listing, or even for streamlining overhead for the bike shop listing:

Have a registry page for coaches and bike shops, where they can enter their contact information, including website, phone, address, proprietor(s), etc and a small blurb on their business. Create a page that lists all of the shops or coaches. That part could be automated. You can create a page link for those shops or coaches that you saw fit to review, if any. Of course you'd also have the option to remove any business about which you received negative feedback or even just because you, in your own inimitable manner, don't think they represent the best interests of the sport.

The only reason I suggest this potential extra work is that I believe your site to be one of, if not the highest, trafficked multisport sites out there on the web. A good links page augmented with links to your reviews of multisport related businesses would be a great jumping off point. Whether they agree with you or not, people trust your site because they know your stance on issues related to multisport. Think of it as an "intelligent" links page.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Coach Listing [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm going to continue with the dealer profiles as i'm currently doing. i might list the coaches tho, since i maintain a database of them anyway.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
There used to be a website [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
called Multisportcoaches.com that had a listing of both US & International coaches (much of the same info Dan had on his site, plus some internet researched "extra" coaches who weren't on the USAT Coaching list). Unfortunately, like Dan said, maintaining it gets difficult and time consuming.

The goal was to put basic info, then allow coaches to pay for more ad space to promote themselves. Who knows, maybe if there is enough interest we can get the site back up and running.

~ Craig

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply