Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

taking off a wetsuit...
Quote | Reply
Can you spray Pam on the wetsuit to get these things off more easily? I am borrowing this guy's wetsuit, so I can't return one that is ready to be pan fried!

If it isn't Pam, what the heck is it? Will Body Glide work to get the damn thing off? If yes, where do I apply it?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: taking off a wetsuit... [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been told tonever apply anything like pam or vasoline to my wetsuit because it will, in time, lead to damage. i use body glide applied to my ankles, wrists, (and to my shoulder/armpit areas to avoid chaffing). i have an ironman elite fullsuit and have never had a problem getting it off in transition. when it's wet, it practically falls off when unzipped. my wife wears an orca speedsuit and has to fuss with it a little more than i do with mine, but then again, it's a different type of rubber and different fit all together. the wetsuit should feel very snug when it's dry any you put it on on land, but once it gets wet, it loosens up considerably.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: taking off a wetsuit... [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body Glide is best... after you experience trying to get use to removing a wetsuit... it does get easier. On the otherhand, when you get ready to buy a wetsuit, buy a Piel and there is not learning curve... no Pam ... no BodyGlide... off in zero seconds.

FWIW Joe
Quote Reply