Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can't get Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried to put a Selle San Marco Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo with the reversable seatpost? The screw with the black finger knob will not fit under the seat for me.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo [Hoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't be done. yes with an azoto, no with an aspide.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you tell me! Where's that return slip?

I really like the Azoto, but sometimes it feels a bit too wide, so I though the Aspide would be worth a try.

Damn nice looking seat though. I wish I had another bike to put it on.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can we fix this Gerard? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One guy I talked to suggested replacing the knob/screw combo with a regular bolt of the appropriate length. Not sure if there would be enough room between the seat rails to fit a wrench in there but might be worth a try?
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo [sinker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought of that as well but the bolt needs to screw down from the top and the length of the bolt required to reach the threaded part of the clamp on the bottom exceeds the room under the seat. My other thought was to get a threaded bolt with no head, use some lock tight on the clamp side (bottom) then fit a nut over the top and like you said try and wrench down. In fact because of the way the clamp works (finger tight on the knob then final tighten on the front bolt) I might be able to simply finger tight the bolt on the back side...hmm.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have fixed this issue with a little aftermarket piece to replace the trilobe adjuster, all we have to do now is make it. I expect it will be four weeks or so before you can order it from your dealer or our website. Obviously it will make adjusting it slightly less user-friendly, but that's the trade-off.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get Aspide Tri Gel on a Cervelo [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just knew that "Mr. Cervelo" would address & fix this problem!

Hip-hip-hooray!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to keep the aspide? Willing to sell it to me?
Quote Reply