Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat post
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to locate a new seat post for a Giant MCR. The one that came with the bike won't let the seat be set far enough forward. Can anyone suggest a seat post that would be suitable?
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [Pricey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the corima Ellipse---i too was having a hard time getting a more aggressive/forward position using my "Mike Burrows" design aero post---the Corima can be flipped forward or back, and i like it--i mean it does the job of holding the seat and it puts me as far forward as i wanna be.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a bit of an ominous sign: If you ccan't get the seat into the position you need then your top tube may be too long. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but switching the seat post is like treating the symptom and not the cause. It is likely to put too much weight on the front wheel and adversly affect your bike handling (your steering will be too twitchy). Not good. Does this bike fit you correctly?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom's right. You should probably take a hard look at the overall fit of the bike. But, if a new bike is not on the table then I can offer this: THe Profile Fast forward seat post mounted on a Giant TCR Aero put me in a position I could hold for days and didn't overweight the front wheel. It's pretty tough to say if this will work for you because you may have a completely different bike or body shape/type. As far as the product goes, it works as advertised and @ $50 or so, might get you where you need to be. Good luck.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The MCR is actually a road bike geometry with a shallow 73.5 seat angle as with the OCR/TCR. Trying to obtain 78 degrees on any road bike can cause potential weight balance problems but I've found my TCR works great at about 76 degrees. On my TCR I have two ways to go to get the approx. 76 degree range. 1) Profile forward seat post but slam the seat back as far as possible 2) The M2 Racer Power module seat shifter allows you to vary your seat position and even change it while riding. Here's Dan's review http://www.slowtwitch.com/...product/m2racer.html

BTW, the MCR is one slick looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys - your comments are greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might also consider the Thomson forward angled seat post...it's less aggressive (so you don't have to push the seat as far back) and weighs less (provided weight is something you consider an issue). The downside is that is costs more than the Profile.

However, to get a good aerodynamic position requires more than just a seat post or aerobar change. It's more about overall fit and the confort it will afford.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply